PDA

View Full Version : Coolest 29er

BillG
09-21-2010, 05:26 PM
And a Lefty to boot!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/fairwheel-bikes-creates-stunning-sequential-shifting-di2-equipped-hardtail

gdw
09-21-2010, 05:39 PM
A fugly toy for a tradeshow. Mountain bikes should be bullet-proof and that thing would most likely be toast after a week of real use. That said the frame and fork are nice. :banana:

BillG
09-21-2010, 06:18 PM
A fugly toy for a tradeshow. Mountain bikes should be bullet-proof and that thing would most likely be toast after a week of real use. That said the frame and fork are nice. :banana:

How can it be fugly if you like the frame and the fork? You don't like the Edge bits? Or the KCNC crank? I thought it was pretty understated for a trade show bike.

I'll trust the Fairwheel people that it works!

Tyler Evans
09-21-2010, 07:18 PM
I love the clean cockpit and the integrated electronics in the stem. It makes me want to make a bike with all of the wires integrated into the whole frame as well.

bumperjohn
09-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Cool bike, I would beat the snot out of it!

John

William
09-22-2010, 04:07 AM
I've always wondered how well the front wheels hold up on those one fork blade rides. I guess it works but it seems like there would be a lot of force/tension on one side.

William

Acotts
09-22-2010, 08:11 AM
I've always wondered how well the front wheels hold up on those one fork blade rides. I guess it works but it seems like there would be a lot of force/tension on one side.

William

It makes no difference at all. If anything, the Lefty is such a fantastic fork that it may even help a little.

That said, some riders beat the crap out of their wheels, others dont. It doesn't matter if you are on a Left or a FOX.

ergott
09-22-2010, 08:35 AM
Read the article. Other than a wheel swap for more realistic rubber and probably clincher rims, that will be a daily rider and Jason will have no problem beating the snot out of it.

Dave B
09-22-2010, 08:49 AM
interesting for sure.

However, i am partial and obsessed! This by far is the coolest 29er out there!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_S4BSJh-TSjQ/S_uhwgAEnuI/AAAAAAAAAGc/ayTxAj6OOxU/s1600/DSC02922.JPG