PDA

View Full Version : Team Lowreys Huffy

uriani
09-18-2010, 10:21 PM
Anyone know anything about this bike? I have tried to research it and can't find much of anything. I think it was a Mike Melton build as it looks sort of like some of his olympic Huffys with the aero True Temper tubing and lugs. Weird geometry, especially for a woman's bike, 52cm (ctt) seat tube, 56.5cm (ctc) top tube. As the seat post is not all that long and rare, seems like the rider can't have that long of an inseam relative to torso. Fork has a slightly less glossy finish and the headset it came with was too tall a stack for the fork, so i wonder is it is original. Does seem to fit 700c front and rear with normal looking seat and head tube angles. See photos in posting under classified, sorry I can only have the image in one post at a time.

wasfast
09-19-2010, 08:37 AM
Sorry, no specifics on the frame itself but perhaps the short seat tube is to allow additional saddle to bar drop given that top tubes "back then" were level. Just speculation.

If it was indeed made for a particular woman, the short legs, long torso is the inverse of the normally attractive long legs/short torso:-)