PDA

View Full Version : Too Tall's Anger Management Anon. Enter and say your sin(s)

Too Tall
04-19-2005, 06:38 PM
One percent of the time I spend riding cycles on the road I am a raging arsehole.

Hello, my name is Josh and I yelled at a car today.

No, that's a lie. Today a truck honked at me for a few mins. on an otherwise peaceful back road and when he passed me almost crushed me with his mirror and I slapped his POS pickup with my palm yeah he was that close. He waited for me at an intersection and I invited him for a beating....he was a large man so this was no BS I was into it.

Please, don't be like me one percent of the time. I hope to do better 100% of the time. I'll never do this around any of my friends.

Sandy
04-19-2005, 07:00 PM
First- My truck is not a POS pickup. It is a prototype Porsche that I am test driving for my influential and Ottrott rich friends.

I must admit that I almost sinned myself. I was about to jump out of my Porsche beauty and teach you a real lesson, but I realized that I would probably be arrested for whipping you so unmercifully. Besides, you ain't so little yourself.

I took my POS pickup to my local dealer. The repair bill from the damage you caused is $2500- Per usual, no personal checks from you.

Next time, I will have a larger mirror. :D

Sweetheart Sinner Sandy

mad_mark
04-19-2005, 07:12 PM
I got mad at myself today for hitting that hydrant, then I thought about it and figured out that I was lucky to be able to get mad. It also means I'm living up to my title :banana:

Mark.

Dr. Doofus
04-19-2005, 07:18 PM
my name is robert and swore curses at the following today:

1) my job, which I despise

2) my bike, because the deda shallow drop trad bars suck

3) my other bike, which broke a spoke

4) my sucky club, which requested me to lead a ride, so I changed my schedule and did, then no one showed up. the reason was "you're not a good enough racer." so blow me. why then was I told to lead the ride.

5) the lack of a cycling community in this ****ty town

6) the pain in the *** that it is to drive an hour each way if I want to do a training race, which I no longer do

7) cycling in general

8) running, which I chose to do for the hell of it, and am now ungodly sore

9) the low life trash who hooted at me in my running shorts

10) anything and everything else I didn't cover in 1-10

screw all this

Brons2
04-19-2005, 07:46 PM
I want to squash the jerk ride marshall I ran into on Sunday. Dumb short effer with a napoleon complex. I bet I could run him over and barely feel the bump.

ARRRRRRRRRGH.

BumbleBeeDave
04-19-2005, 08:38 PM
. . . at a fat guy on a hybrid tonight on Riverview Road who was riding on the wrong side of the road AND with no helmet. I yelled at him, “You’re on the wrong side of the road!” and he yelled back, “I never DID play well with others!” which kinda defused my rant. That’s a shame. I was really enjoying my rant.

BBDave

Sandy
04-19-2005, 08:47 PM
You sound genuinely discouraged, frustrated, and probably depressed. Sorry, if that is the case. Hopefully, your next list of ten items will include more positives than negatives. Soon, the list might be all on the plus side.

A new job???

Sandy

M_A_Martin
04-19-2005, 08:56 PM
I got angry today at the fat chick in lycra in the mirror...do NOT tear your ACL again!

I got pissed off at a group ride today, the tail end of the fast group was stupid, Why do riders think it's ok to cut off other cyclists who have the right of way when if a car took a right turn in front of them at an intersection they'd be yelling bloody murder? It's a group ride on city streets, not a closed course race! I'm going straight so get this...I DON'T HAVE TO SIGNAL! And you're freak'n behind me! Wait til I get out of your way before you speed up and cut me off! If I didn't have good brakes and decent handling skills I would have T-boned one of them and they would have BLAMED ME.

And if a fat chick on a steel beater with knobbies (who's been off any exercise since October and has less than 60 miles on a brand new ACL) can catch up to your sorry self on your high zoot sub 18lb bike on something resembling a hill and ask you a question you'd better think twice about giving her any roadie snob attitude! Oh YEAH *and* YOU ARE SLOW!!

M_A_Martin
04-19-2005, 08:57 PM
Hey Too Tall...this isn't doing much for encouraging positive communications here...

dirtdigger88
04-19-2005, 09:01 PM
a fat chick in a car told me I had nice legs today- considering who she was with I am not sure how to take the whole thing- :confused: But I was strangly turned on by it :eek:

jason

M_A_Martin
04-19-2005, 09:05 PM
Jason...if I remember correctly you have two nice legs...unless she was talking about something else...

So you can count that two fat chicks said you have nice legs today...although I'm still not clear on what the other fat chick was talking about.

zap
04-19-2005, 09:37 PM
tt. Oppps sorry. TT :no:

csb
04-19-2005, 09:48 PM
a couple of years ago while riding my hill repeats in
harriman state park, i was sexually harazzed by some
chics in a convertible _ they tried to slap my azz.

Louis
04-19-2005, 09:59 PM
a couple of years ago while riding my hill repeats in
harriman state park, i was sexually harazzed by some
chics in a convertible _ they tried to slap my azz.

I guess a climbing cyclist has universal sexual appeal: About 10 years ago some gay guy tried to pick me up as I was climbing one of the hills around here. I have nothing against gays, but told him no, I was not interested...

No one's tried recently, my age must be showing.

slowgoing
04-19-2005, 10:25 PM
One thing I learned a long time ago is that confessing one's sins is highly overrated.

On the other hand, very few people can truly keep a secret, but they tend to be the best kind of friends.

medici
04-20-2005, 01:02 AM
I have a broken femur, crutches, constant pain, and can't even drive a friggin' car, so you whiny butts better be really, really, REALLY glad you're out
there riding at all. It's one of the most gorgeous Spring seasons in California in years and I've got probably 2 more months to wait.

I've dented a Camry with my fist, but I'm real careful about which pickups I pick a fight with. There've been some serious beatings dealt out to cyclists around here by trolls just looking for an excuse.

Pete

shinomaster
04-20-2005, 01:37 AM
My name is Can Salgir Przydryga,

and I have an anger management problem. I said F.U. to Roy E. Munson ( of our sweet Phorum) tonight, and earlier today I threw a small size one round sable watercolor brush at my "X" today at work, because she was being a big *%@#&. :argue: :argue: :argue: :argue: :argue: :argue:

Needs Help
04-20-2005, 05:16 AM
4) my sucky club, which requested me to lead a ride, so I changed my schedule and did, then no one showed up. the reason was "you're not a good enough racer." so blow me. why then was I told to lead the ride. :)

William
04-20-2005, 05:36 AM
Well TT, I haven't had to beat on any arse hole-ish drivers lately (though I still have fun stick fighting and MT sparring with my students which is probably why I don't beat on more arse hole-ish drivers). When we get together I'll show you some Big Guy moves that are always good to have as back-up in case things go south and there is no exit ramp.

My latest forum sin? I'll admit that I tend to be the Tangent Master. I have a habit of shooting off on tangents from the original topic. It annoys some I know. Just following the flow of the mind stream. I'll try to be better about staying "on topic". :)

My name is Can Salgir Przydryga,

and I have an anger management problem. I said F.U. to Roy E. Munson ( of our sweet Phorum) tonight, and earlier today I threw a small size one round sable watercolor brush at my "X" today at work, because she was being a big *%@#&.

Shino, don't worry, Roy hears that all the time in daily PM's from me. ;) As far as throwing the brush....WHAT THE HECK WERE YOU THINKING??? Crimp those sable bristles and you've ruined a perfectly good brush!

Seriously though, don't throw things at your X. :no:

William

Too Tall
04-20-2005, 06:07 AM
Thank You all.
MAM it's kinda like this. When you say your sin to others ,who have good listening skills, it is like having more eyeballs on you even through they may be far away. The onous is yours even more so to "do the right thing" "be safe" yada yada. We all compartmentalize unseemly behaviours. I was a baaaad boy yesterday and coulda got hurt or brought that bone heads wrath on others. Self check time. That is all.

Willy. So telling Sandy what a nice skirt he had on was not the right thing to say huh? Tsk.

hypnospin
04-24-2005, 01:55 AM
just pack a piece and you will know the true serenity of bhudda sitting on the lotus blossom.
one time, i flipped a guy off who nearly hit me head on, well not really, but let me justify my behaviour here to minimze my own agression potential, and he came after me leaning out yelling about life and death related matters.
i responded by skillfully hanging a series of tight u turns his car could not match. but then again he might have been under the influence to a degree more than i was skillfull.
this went on until past dark when i finally took the desperate measure of pulling in a driveway and ducking behind a car.
interest in further pusuit must have been lost at that point, and i rode home sans lights looking over my shoulder.
thank you for this chance to come clean, of course, this was only a minor example compared to your enraged indescretion, and this alone makes me feel pretty good.

One percent of the time I spend riding cycles on the road I am a raging arsehole.

Hello, my name is Josh and I yelled at a car today.

No, that's a lie. Today a truck honked at me for a few mins. on an otherwise peaceful back road and when he passed me almost crushed me with his mirror and I slapped his POS pickup with my palm yeah he was that close. He waited for me at an intersection and I invited him for a beating....he was a large man so this was no BS I was into it.

Please, don't be like me one percent of the time. I hope to do better 100% of the time. I'll never do this around any of my friends.

Climb01742
04-24-2005, 06:00 AM
i don't flip-off pick-up drivers (who, BTW, in my experience, are the worst offenders for endangering riders.) here's why i don't:

years ago as a teenager in oregon, i was hitchhiking near bend. got a ride in a pick-up. going along when a rabbit darts across the highway. pick-up driver slams on brakes, pulls over, jumps out, grabs a big shovel from the pick-up bed and going running into the field. for about 15 minutes all i see is him running in crazy zig-zags slamming that shovel down on the ground trying to brain a jack rabbit. failure. comes walking back, tosses shovel into the back, and resumes driving like nothing happened. when we got to the next town, i got out.

studies show that 73% of pick-up drivers are crazy motherf**kers. with shovels. ;)

Rapid Tourist
04-24-2005, 06:31 AM
My name is ellen and I yelled "get out of my f_cking" way very angrily at a photographer near the cherry blossoms on my morning commute a couple of weeks ago. He wouldn't move and was totally blocking me. I feel better now. Thanks for that.

dirtdigger88
04-24-2005, 07:06 AM
i don't flip-off pick-up drivers (who, BTW, in my experience, are the worst offenders for endangering riders.)

studies show that 73% of pick-up drivers are crazy motherf**kers. with shovels. ;)

dude I resemble that remark- so what are you saying? I drive a pick up with a shovel in the back- wait- I too am a crazy motherf**ker- never mind

Jason