PDA

View Full Version : Ahem, 187 more dopers ? Goodnight Pro Peleton

davidlee
09-17-2010, 04:58 PM
Looks like we might just get to a level playing field after all one of these days.
Heads continue to roll.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/papp-confirms-additional-doping-investigations-underway

malcolm
09-17-2010, 05:03 PM
it's level now, they all do it

wasfast
09-17-2010, 05:04 PM
187 in various sports. Not all are cyclists.....but still.

54ny77
09-17-2010, 05:06 PM
That Papp is milking this for his own benefit demonstrates what an ass he really is. Provide the list and STFU already. He's already demonstrated that he's a p.o.s., and now his "tweets" are just reinforcing it. Next thing he'll claim is he was a victim of it all.

Charles M
09-17-2010, 05:23 PM
Absolutely...

This is just the continuation of what I like to call the "Papp Smear"

pitcrew
09-17-2010, 06:34 PM
That Papp is milking this for his own benefit demonstrates what an ass he really is.

I think it kind of depends which side of the coin you're looking at.....I get what you're saying about his Tweets, etc, but if I was in his shoes and hadn't been sentenced yet, I'd be doing anything I thought might help get me a lesser sentence. 25 years and/or up to a $500,000.00 fine would certainly have my attention. Of course, he has no one to blame but himself.

54ny77
09-17-2010, 07:43 PM
Maybe he needs to "stand up and take it like a man..."

:rolleyes:

I think it kind of depends which side of the coin you're looking at.....I get what you're saying about his Tweets, etc, but if I was in his shoes and hadn't been sentenced yet, I'd be doing anything I thought might help get me a lesser sentence. 25 years and/or up to a $500,000.00 fine would certainly have my attention. Of course, he has no one to blame but himself.

pbjbike
09-17-2010, 07:57 PM
I think it kind of depends which side of the coin you're looking at.....I get what you're saying about his Tweets, etc, but if I was in his shoes and hadn't been sentenced yet, I'd be doing anything I thought might help get me a lesser sentence. 25 years and/or up to a $500,000.00 fine would certainly have my attention. Of course, he has no one to blame but himself. Sorry, Twitter posts don`t lead to a get-out-of-jail-free card...

Rueda Tropical
09-17-2010, 07:57 PM
it's level now, they all do it

If the object of the sport is who is most responsive to doping then it's level. If it's to find out who is the best athlete then not so much. And there are always a few hold outs, for the ethical few it's a career ender. Punish the honest and reward the cheats?

If the excuse that everyone was doing it is the bar we aspire to then we will get the world we deserve.

pitcrew
09-17-2010, 08:05 PM
Sorry, Twitter posts don`t lead to a get-out-of-jail-free card...

I'm not saying Tweets should give a get-out-of-jail-free card. I was referring more to his other actions (being a "witness", etc) and trying to use those to his benefit.

pbjbike
09-17-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm not saying Tweets should give a get-out-of-jail-free card. I was referring more to his other actions (being a "witness", etc) and trying to use those to his benefit.

Point taken. If he's given his statement[s], then what is the hopeful action of his public stance since then? Another knucklehead I signed up for the Saturday race in CP...

malcolm
09-18-2010, 08:37 AM
If the object of the sport is who is most responsive to doping then it's level. If it's to find out who is the best athlete then not so much. And there are always a few hold outs, for the ethical few it's a career ender. Punish the honest and reward the cheats?

If the excuse that everyone was doing it is the bar we aspire to then we will get the world we deserve.

It was sarcasm with a grain of truth

r_mutt
09-18-2010, 09:11 AM
Sorry, Twitter posts don`t lead to a get-out-of-jail-free card...

hasn't stopped lance from trying...

sorry- i couldn't resist. it was a perfect set-up.

:)

norcalbiker
09-18-2010, 09:22 AM
I always say that they doped. Is just that one hide it better than the other or one take one too many.

gone
09-18-2010, 10:05 AM
Gee, if 187 cyclists get popped, maybe there's a chance I'll make it into the pro peleton.

"Slow but clean" :D

torquer
09-20-2010, 11:08 AM
187 in various sports. Not all are cyclists.....but still.
And most of the cyclists may well be masters, cat 3's looking to move up, whatever. If you've got a ProTour contract, you probably have better connections than Mr. Papp's website.
Interesting quote from Cycling News which raises at least two questions:
"The transactions took place with Papp as an intermediary between his sportsman clients and the Chinese sellers of the Eposino-brand of EPO and Jintropin HGH."
1.) Is "sportsman" really the correct term?
2.) Is the EPO on offer of comparable quality as the chinese-sourced DVDs of first-run movies on tables outside my subway stop? (If so, no wonder Papp's clients aren't world champ contenders.)

shorelocal
09-20-2010, 01:34 PM
Who's to say the ppl who purchased the EPO used it? I know it's a long-shot, but intent doesn't mean they're guilty. Maybe they had a change of heart. If they weren't caught in testing, how can they be found guilty?

Russell
09-20-2010, 01:50 PM
Maybe he needs to "stand up and take it like a man..."

:rolleyes:
if he gets 25 years, it will be bend over and take it like a man

54ny77
09-20-2010, 02:27 PM
Are you saying he'll be the Cat 5 of new inmates? :banana:

if he gets 25 years, it will be bend over and take it like a man

R2D2
09-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Who's to say the ppl who purchased the EPO used it? I know it's a long-shot, but intent doesn't mean they're guilty. Maybe they had a change of heart. If they weren't caught in testing, how can they be found guilty?
Possesion w/o a prescription is illegal. Isn't it?

54ny77
09-20-2010, 02:53 PM
Word on the street is the Mattress Police will take 'em down. Think twice before ripping off those tags.

shorelocal
09-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Possesion w/o a prescription is illegal. Isn't it?

Sure, but is that reason for the UCI to ban someone?

bluesea
09-20-2010, 03:21 PM
Word on the street is the Mattress Police will take 'em down. Think twice before ripping off those tags.

Isn't that be a federal offense?

davidlee
09-20-2010, 03:51 PM
Sure, but is that reason for the UCI to ban someone?

I think its considered "implied" doping.. Just like having bags of your own blood in the fridge. Obviously I don't think that the explaination of " well if I have a crash and need a transfusion is gonna fly" :)
If you are buying EPO over the web , there is only one reason .
d