PDA

View Full Version : OT IPhone free apps

rwsaunders
09-16-2010, 11:21 AM
I'm hooked on this one...it is truly slick.

http://siri.com

LegendRider
09-16-2010, 11:40 AM
I'm hooked on this one...it is truly slick.

http://siri.com

Interesting. What types of things have you used it for?

shorelocal
09-16-2010, 12:18 PM
Speaking of free apps ... can anyone recommend a good WiFi finder app? I use the WiFi a lot when I'm not at home and the ability to scan for open channels is great. I was using WiFiGet but it no longer works (since the OS upgrade). BTW .. this is for a Touch, not iPhone.

KALEL41
09-17-2010, 09:17 AM
This looks interesting...might give this one a go. Thanks for sharing!!!

slowandsteady
09-17-2010, 11:51 AM
been using Siri for a while now...truly excellent.
Check out Gobi as well - good one for when yo are travelling and looking for stuff to do , especially with kids in tow.

67-59
09-17-2010, 11:56 AM
Speaking of free apps ... can anyone recommend a good WiFi finder app? I use the WiFi a lot when I'm not at home and the ability to scan for open channels is great. I was using WiFiGet but it no longer works (since the OS upgrade). BTW .. this is for a Touch, not iPhone.

I use one that's just called "Free Wi-Fi" from youniversal ideas. Works well on my iPhone; not sure about functionality on the Touch.

Kevan
09-17-2010, 04:14 PM
Sometimes before my wife and I slip off to sleep I'll open my NPR app and play a "Car Talk" episode with the iPhone perched between the pillers. We giggle and laugh with Click and Clack, in the dark, and probably nauseate our kids if they hear us from outside the bedroom door.

slowandsteady
09-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Sometimes before my wife and I slip off to sleep I'll open my NPR app and play a "Car Talk" episode with the iPhone perched between the pillers. We giggle and laugh with Click and Clack, in the dark, and probably nauseate our kids if they hear us from outside the bedroom door.

Ahhh, yeah, Kevan, you're kinda scaring me now there big guy...

shorelocal
09-17-2010, 05:51 PM
I use one that's just called "Free Wi-Fi" from youniversal ideas. Works well on my iPhone; not sure about functionality on the Touch.

Thanks for the tip. I checked it out but it only lists hotspots that are already cataloged. I'm looking for something more general that just lists all the wireless connections (open or locked) in the vicinity so I can leech when needed.

rugbysecondrow
09-17-2010, 05:54 PM

Yes my single friends, this is what you have to look forward to... :beer:

67-59
09-17-2010, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the tip. I checked it out but it only lists hotspots that are already cataloged. I'm looking for something more general that just lists all the wireless connections (open or locked) in the vicinity so I can leech when needed.

If that's what you're looking for, you don't need an app. You can just turn on wifi and see what networks it's trying to get you onto. Maybe the Touch works differently, but I do this with my iPhone all the time....

Kevan
09-17-2010, 07:32 PM
Yes my single friends, this is what you have to look forward to... :beer:

it's not as funny.