PDA

View Full Version : Coeur D'Acier SE

spartacus
09-16-2010, 07:25 AM
About the CDA SE with the carbon CS seat stay.

Is the carbon seat stay manufactured by Serotta, or Columbus?

How does the CS differ from the ST version?

What do you generally think of this frame?

Thanks, Sparts.

bobswire
09-16-2010, 08:00 AM
About the CDA SE with the carbon CS seat stay.

Is the carbon seat stay manufactured by Serotta, or Columbus?

How does the CS differ from the ST version?

What do you generally think of this frame?

Thanks, Sparts.

Can't answer #1 on who manufactured carbon stays.

I can answer how I think of the frame.

Usual accolades, light, nimble,quick yet comfortable and stable enough to do a double century.
I purchased mine in June of this year from another forumite then built it up with Campy Centaur paired with some Kinlan rim/Velocity hub wheels for a sub 18 lb. bundle of joy.
The only tweaking I did was change my original 3T Rotundo Bars to the 3T compact and went from white wrap to black.

-Bob

SPOKE
09-16-2010, 08:03 AM
The carbon seat stay is manufactured by Serotta. The attachment of the of seat stay to the rear dropout is via a screw/bolt if I'm not mistaken. This connection on the Ottrott SE actually has a sealed cartridge bearing installed that allows a small amount of vertical movement (suspension).

Adam
09-16-2010, 08:05 AM
The 2011 CDA SE has carbon stays that are made in house by Serotta Composites in Poway Ca. All carbon elements in Serotta frames/forks/lugs are made in-house using the best US sourced multi-modulus carbon.

This stay is different from the ST in that it is a fixed stay. The ST has a pivot that allows the titanium/carbon junction to absorb vibration better and enhance cornering...only available on the Legend Ti and Ottrott SE models. Steel would not handle the additional flex the ST pivot provides.

The triple-butted, swaged tubes, the F3 fork and the carbon stay all add up to an exceptional product. You get the full complement of Serotta design and tech at a fraction of the price of the Ottrott/Meivici models.

We sell a lot of them to very, very happy cyclists.

dd74
09-16-2010, 10:31 AM
Sorry, but I can't seem to find the CDA ST on the Serotta website. Can someone post a link so I can look at it? Thanks.

Pete Serotta
09-16-2010, 10:44 AM
The 2011 CDA SE has carbon stays that are made in house by Serotta Composites in Poway Ca. All carbon elements in Serotta frames/forks/lugs are made in-house using the best US sourced multi-modulus carbon.

This stay is different from the ST in that it is a fixed stay. The ST has a pivot that allows the titanium/carbon junction to absorb vibration better and enhance cornering...only available on the Legend Ti and Ottrott SE models. Steel would not handle the additional flex the ST pivot provides.

The triple-butted, swaged tubes, the F3 fork and the carbon stay all add up to an exceptional product. You get the full complement of Serotta design and tech at a fraction of the price of the Ottrott/Meivici models.

We sell a lot of them to very, very happy cyclists.

Thanks ADAM

ST no for CDA and for Meivici (unless it changed in 2011)> My CDA is non ST as is the MEIVICI. AND the rides are wonderful, as attesed by by son in law saying they should go to ST LOUIS :D :D

PETE

SoCalSteve
09-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Thanks ADAM

ST no for CDA and for Meivici (unless it changed in 2011)> My CDA is non ST as is the MEIVICI. AND the rides are wonderful, as attesed by by son in law saying they should go to ST LOUIS :D :D

PETE

ST rear stays can ONLY be used with frames that have Titanium chain stays as they need to be a bit "flexy".

dd74
09-16-2010, 11:23 AM
ST rear stays can ONLY be used with frames that have Titanium chain stays as they need to be a bit "flexy".
So there is no such thing as a CDA ST? Did one ever exist?

RADaines
09-16-2010, 11:25 AM
Sounds like you cannot do an ST stay with steel, so the answer to your question is no.

dd74
09-16-2010, 11:36 AM
Sounds like you cannot do an ST stay with steel, so the answer to your question is no.
Well, it doesn't really sound like that to me. It "reads" like that, but doesn't sound like that. ;)

Pete Serotta
09-16-2010, 11:37 AM

I am good at the past and no CDAs had ST.... PETE