PDA

View Full Version : NAHBS 2011 - Austin.

William
09-14-2010, 06:46 AM
Who's planning on going?

Ray, can I hitch a ride in the Bra van? :)

William

gearguywb
09-14-2010, 07:13 AM
Woohoo!!!! I'm in.

David Kirk
09-14-2010, 09:15 AM
We'll be there.

Dave

texbike
09-14-2010, 10:10 AM
I'm getting the hell out of town that weekend! Too much riff-raff descending on our fair city during those days... :rolleyes:

Actually, I'm looking forward to the chance to meet a number of people on the forum here. I'm in the process of putting together the "Texbike Guide to Austin" that builds on the thread that Kevan started recently. I'll share it in about a month for those beginning to plan their trips.

Texbike

Louis
09-14-2010, 10:51 AM

Van? What van? You must mean HB corporate jet.

Volant
09-14-2010, 11:53 AM
I'm in.

Smiley
09-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Going down with Ray aka BraMan and Team Bedford (I need to convince Kelly to ride in a van with Ray for that long a distance).

Hopefully Pete and Spokes will join me too :)

William
09-16-2010, 04:17 AM
Going down with Ray aka BraMan and Team Bedford (I need to convince Kelly to ride in a van with Ray for that long a distance).

Well, even if I can't convince Ray to make Smiley and Kelly ride on the roof so I can fit in the van, my presence may still be felt at the show. :)

William

gomango
09-16-2010, 04:38 AM
I'm in, with my youngest son Will in tow.

We'll visit Grandma and Grandpa while we're there!

BumbleBeeDave
09-16-2010, 05:17 AM

. . . and survived from here to Indy two years ago.

Of course, I did notice after getting home that Kelly always seemed to keep me between himself and Ray when we were in the van! :p

BBD

tiretrax
09-16-2010, 09:41 AM
It's a long drive to austin from the east coast. Have fun! Thankfully, it's only 2.5 hours from here and much better bbq close by. I hope to meet some of you and that there will be a group ride at least once - maybe with stops at Scholz's Beer Garden, the Gingerman, and other great Austin haunts.

Texbike, do you know if there will be a Tour Das Hugel this year?

Ahneida Ride
09-16-2010, 10:33 AM
Who's planning on going?

William

dat's a possibility .... we gotta chat Uncle William !!!!

you going ???? :banana:

Ahneida Ride
09-16-2010, 10:36 AM
Who's planning on going?

William

Van is rated at 2 ton ....

That leaves room for you and me and one bike. :D

cmg
09-16-2010, 10:39 AM
hope to make there this year. i'm to close to ignore it.

Pete Serotta
09-16-2010, 10:40 AM
That is for sure Never been to AUSTIN so I might stay a few more days. Computer can go anywhere!!!

PETE

Mike748
09-16-2010, 10:55 AM
I will be there. Trying to drag my riding buddies along too so they can see some alternatives to their CF Roubaixs.

pmac
09-16-2010, 01:07 PM
It's a long drive to austin from the east coast. Have fun! Thankfully, it's only 2.5 hours from here and much better bbq close by. I hope to meet some of you and that there will be a group ride at least once - maybe with stops at Scholz's Beer Garden, the Gingerman, and other great Austin haunts.

Texbike, do you know if there will be a Tour Das Hugel this year?

Rumor has it that there will not be an organized Tour Das Hugel this year. However, I think it's safe to say that a lot of people will be riding the course on Nov 6 (no UT home football game that day, but there is on the next two weekends - das Hugel has always been on days other than UT games).

tiretrax
09-16-2010, 01:10 PM
if you hear anything more, please let me know - i live in dallas and will come down. i don't remember the route.

texbike
09-16-2010, 05:21 PM
Rumor has it that there will not be an organized Tour Das Hugel this year. However, I think it's safe to say that a lot of people will be riding the course on Nov 6 (no UT home football game that day, but there is on the next two weekends - das Hugel has always been on days other than UT games).

This is correct. There isn't a "formal" Hugel this year. I think that the event had grown so large that the potential liability issues scared off the original organizers. There is a loose plan to do the non-existent event on November 6th. It will not be officially organized or supported.

Texbike

trophyoftexas
09-17-2010, 06:04 AM
Cat got an A$$?...Is the Pope Catholic?...Does the big bear $h!t in the woods?...Is there good :beer: in Fredericksburg? I mean, really, if I can't make this one I should be expelled from this forum!....uh, that is, unless I get a money-making offer to be someplace else!!!!! Any interest in putting together a little pre or post-dates riding in the Fredericksburg area? I know that several members could probably set up some routes to ride that would fit all types of riders and I'd be happy to work on something fairly interesting in the 40-65 mile range for us oldsters!

William
09-17-2010, 06:12 AM
Van is rated at 2 ton ....

That leaves room for you and me and one bike. :D

That should leave just enough capacity for one cheeboiger and coke....no Pepsi. :beer:

I'm looking at the logistics of such an endeavor.

William

trophyoftexas
09-17-2010, 06:15 AM
Y'all need to come prepared for ANY type of weather! The last week or so in February can see the temps in the Austin area in the 20-40 degree range or in the 70-90 degree range! A little tough to plan on riding gear when it can be, like it was for me a few years ago down there in early March, 90 and sunny one day and 37 and drizzle the next! :crap: ...but 55-60ish would probably be the norm.

EricEstlund
09-17-2010, 10:03 AM
See you guys there!

moran
09-17-2010, 04:43 PM
I think I'm going also. Probably bring my son as well.

See you there!

steampunk
09-18-2010, 01:27 PM
a teaser this 10/16-17 by way of the Texas Custom Bicycle Show.

http://texascustombicycleshow.ridedaltex.com/