PDA

View Full Version : Sure Mr. Squirrel Already Knows This......

jghall
09-12-2010, 06:53 PM
but for the rest of you, Squirrel Awareness Week is coming up. - Oct 3-9

William
09-13-2010, 09:07 AM
...get out and clean the thirty-aught-six.

William ;)

dave thompson
09-13-2010, 09:45 AM
...get out and clean the thirty-aught-six.

William ;)
Think big William!

William
09-13-2010, 09:51 AM
Think big William!

I LOVE YOU MAN!!! :beer:

William

OtayBW
09-13-2010, 09:55 AM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j42/zelmo_2006/godzilla_crp.jpg

fiamme red
09-13-2010, 10:33 AM
My parents are already "celebrating" Squirrel Awareness Week. They just became aware yesterday that there's a squirrel in their attic. :crap: :crap: :crap:

MattTuck
09-13-2010, 11:22 AM
You know, I've ridden a lot in rural/woodsy areas and never really had an issue with squirrels. So I thought all the attention on the board was kind of tongue in cheek.

That is, until the other day when a Squirrel did as is often described here, ran half way across the road, paused, and then ran back across my path as I locked up my wheels and actually had to look down to see if I had got him.

Fortunately, all parties were ok.

Anyway... I now understand the fear of which you speak. And you know what they say about fear.... “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

I was outside looking in and laughing. I'm not laughing anymore.

William
09-13-2010, 02:21 PM
Anyway... I now understand the fear of which you speak. And you know what they say about fear.... “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

I was outside looking in and laughing. I'm not laughing anymore.

http://myspew.com/gallery/1/Darth%20Vader%20Squirrel.jpg

kong79
09-13-2010, 02:40 PM
Luke, I am your father. Come to the Dark Side...we have Di2 on all our team bikes!

jeo99
09-13-2010, 02:40 PM
"That is, until the other day when a Squirrel did as is often described here, ran half way across the road, paused, and then ran back across my path as I locked up my wheels and actually had to look down to see if I had got him.

Fortunately, all parties were ok."

Just as with driving a car, NEVER-EVER swerve or lock your brakes to avoid an animal! This is when the majority of people get hirt or killed. You were lucky this time.
;)

Mr. Squirrel
09-13-2010, 03:50 PM
dear list members,
please place offerings at the base of my tree. edge and ada tubulars appreciated, others are fine too. any and all mavic r-sys will put you at the top of my list. your nuts are optional.

mr. squirrel

FlashUNC
09-13-2010, 04:15 PM
Growing up, we once had a squirrel that managed to get into our bird feeder on our back deck. He would jump from a nearby tree branch and land on top of the bird feeder, commando style.
The feeder was suction cupped to a sliding glass door. Naturally, my dad just put it on the other side of the glass one afternoon once he tired of the squirrel stealing the bird feed.

Then he got a chair, and sat and wait inside the door the inevitable comedy to ensue.

And I can attest that a squirrel will jump for a bird feeder that's not really there, and stumble away with what was likely a mild concussion after hitting the glass.

dvs cycles
09-13-2010, 05:54 PM
I saw a video a few years ago where some guys had a plate with bungies attached like a slingshot on their deck with food in it. When squirrel would get on the plate they would release it sending the liitle critter back into the trees.
Not saying it was funny but????????????? :beer:

TimmyB
09-13-2010, 08:01 PM
I swear squirrels have a deathwish. Just earlier today while I was riding to class I had one dart in front of me from the right side of the bike path to the left, stop, dart from the left to the right, stop, dart from the right to the left, stop, and then finally continue to the left. It's a good thing for the little guy that I saw him well ahead of time, was going pretty slow, and know how to trackstand :rolleyes:

MattTuck
09-14-2010, 11:58 AM
I swear squirrels have a deathwish.

Let's just say that intelligence does not seem to be the trait that evolution is selecting for in the squirrel species. Then again, it doesn't seem to be in the human species either.