PDA

View Full Version : Interbike 2010 9/20=24 in Vegas for a ride also

RABikes2
09-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Interbike 2010 is in Las Vegas, Sept. 20 - 24.

I plan on attending the Hangover Ride on Tuesday a.m. (reserved a WSD Trek Madone for the ride) and playing the rest of the day at the outdoor demo. The rest of the week I'll be on the convention floor meeting with my reps and looking for new cool clothing and shoes to possibly bring into the shop.

... so, is anybody else planning on attending?

Ritaann

RABikes2
09-13-2010, 09:38 PM
bump ...

Would be nice to go to Interbike next year since it'll be in Anaheim and I've never been there, but it's back to Las Vegas next week.

Anybody else attending this year's Interbike?

RA

FastVegan
09-14-2010, 06:38 AM
I will be there, on my honeymoon(wedding is Saturday).
How does one get into a demo day?
I got VIP tickets to cross vegas!!

RABikes2
09-15-2010, 10:37 PM
I was at Interbike in 2007 and was able to grab a ride out to the Cross Vegas races. It was a blast, my first cross race! A standout memory of that evening, besides watching an amazing cross race was when I was leaving seeing Gary Fisher in a sequins, sparkly outfit talking to some folks. Cracked me up, what a character. :D

Demo days are not open to the public, so not sure how you'd be able to get around that.

Congrats on your wedding!

RA

bking
09-16-2010, 10:01 AM
what's the hangover ride, do tell?

SEABREEZE
09-16-2010, 10:22 AM
I will be there, on my honeymoon(wedding is Saturday).
How does one get into a demo day?
I got VIP tickets to cross vegas!!

Your looking to get devorced before you are married.. :no:

RABikes2
09-16-2010, 10:58 PM
what's the hangover ride, do tell?
The ride, Tour de Lake Mead (aka the Hangover Ride), is on Tuesday, Sept. 21 at 8:00 a.m. before the demo starts at 9:00. The ride is 26 miles and takes you from the demo through scenic Lake Mead National Park. You can bring your own bike or arrange to borrow one from your favorite demo exhibitor.

It's a great way to begin a full day of test riding all the different bikes that are available at the demo! :beer:

RA

victoryfactory
09-17-2010, 04:22 AM
please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Interbike a
trade only event and don't you need to
actually be in the bike business to attend?
(or know someone in the biz who is willing to get you in)

VF

oldpotatoe
09-17-2010, 08:06 AM

VF

That is correct. Not a consumer show.

RABikes2
09-17-2010, 09:19 AM

VF
You are correct VF. The first two days, Demo days in Bootleg Canyon, are not open to the public either. In one of my jobs, I work as a clothing buyer for a bike shop.

In the past (not sure this year), there have been big events scheduled during the same week, i.e., cross races and circuit races, that were open to the public. I could be mistaken since it was 3 years ago, but I believe it was the cross nationals that were held that year. Cipo raced in the celebrity circuit races that year, too. The races were "wow".

RA