PDA

View Full Version : The END of the decal story

Smiley
04-18-2005, 09:12 AM
Well most of you knew how I screwed up the install of my decals on my new Kogswell fixee frame . I had some good suggestions ( even the good guys in the Serotta paint shop sent me pm's ) . Well I decided since I really liked the frame ( Yes Matt despite the weight comparisons to a C III , I really like this frame ) , I sent it back to Bruce at The Color Factory is Waretown NJ , I fully expected to pay for a new paint panel and decal installation ( I get smarter with age ). I just got the frame back with the decals installed on a lovely white panel on my down tube , Here's the good news NO CHARGE read my bill . Thanks guys , so let me be the first to applaud the good folks at the Color Factory ( 1-800-62-GLEAM ) and thank them for a great job done both times and for being very generous as I did not ask for a freebie for my own mistake . Pictures will follow soon .

Keith A
04-18-2005, 11:09 AM
Glad to hear everything worked out -- especially at how the paint shop took care of you.

One question about the repair. Did they just remove the botched up decals and paint a panel in that area and add the new decals? Or did they do a complete repaint?

Smiley
04-18-2005, 12:56 PM
No they taped the frame , keeping the screw-up exposed , sanded down to metal and re-painted a white panel and then THEY installed the decals , thank God . Looks Bellissimo to me , especially seeing how messed up I made things .

M_A_Martin
04-18-2005, 01:09 PM
You know, we never got a picture of the botch job...

Smiley
04-18-2005, 02:03 PM
That shall remain on my conscience for a long time . No more decals or sticky stuff for me .

zap
04-18-2005, 02:10 PM
Hmmm.

Another arrow in the quiver.

Enjoy.

:beer: