PDA

View Full Version : Campy 9-spd DT Shifter Compatibility

Louis
04-17-2005, 05:28 PM
Does anyone out there use Campy 9-spd DT shifters? I’m preparing to build-up my DeRosa (purchased from a fellow phorumite) with some new-in-box Campy components I’ve had around for a little while.

Specifically, I’m wondering about the compatibility with my rear-derailleur. I know that the 2001 and up 9-spd Ergopower shifters are not compatible with 2000 and earlier Ergopower shifters. I think that my DT shifters are pre-2001. (Do you know how one can be sure?) The crank is a Racing-T and I have two r-ders, one a Daytona, and the other a Racing-T. I’m not sure what year they are, and since Campy doesn’t seem to put model numbers on their stuff I don’t know how to find out. How might one identify the model year of a given shifter or r-der?

Anything you can add would be useful. Thanks

Louis

Sam in VA
04-17-2005, 07:29 PM
So you'd probably be safer with that one. You might try browsing campyonly.com. They have an "ask the expert" option that you an try if you don't find what you need on the site.

mad_mark
04-18-2005, 08:51 AM
I believe you'll be fine with either. As I understand it, the problem is apparent with Ergo levers and specifically 10s stuff, which needs a more precise cable pull due to the smaller tolerances. If it doesn't work, send me the levers, I've been hunting for a pair for over a year :beer:

Mark.