PDA

View Full Version : 3t Rotundo --Opinions

Tommasini53
09-08-2010, 09:05 PM
If you've used the 3t Rotundo handle bars or a similar "traditional" bend I would like your opinion of them.

I have not used a traditional bend bar with Ergo/STI levers and I'm curious how the bend fits with the "brifters". I use Campy Ergo levers. I'm considering new bars and its between the 3t Rotundo (traditional bend) and 3t Ergosum (ergo bend). thanks in advance. :beer:

Louis
09-08-2010, 09:37 PM
This is really stupid and off topic, and please forgive me, but couldn't they have chosen a better name for the durn things?

Tommasini53
09-08-2010, 09:47 PM
agreed...ranks up there with the "Murano" suv.

StellaBlue
09-08-2010, 10:19 PM
This is really stupid and off topic, and please forgive me, but couldn't they have chosen a better name for the durn things?

I believe it translates to round.. So yes, it's stupid of you to say.. Oh wait, I'm supposed to be all warm to people on here... No it's not off topic and dumb..

StellaBlue
09-08-2010, 10:21 PM
PS: They are outstanding bars... Especially the pro/aluminum ones..

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/5716/dscn3228l.jpg (http://img818.imageshack.us/i/dscn3228l.jpg/)

nahtnoj
09-08-2010, 10:27 PM
If you've used the 3t Rotundo handle bars or a similar "traditional" bend I would like your opinion of them.

I have not used a traditional bend bar with Ergo/STI levers and I'm curious how the bend fits with the "brifters". I use Campy Ergo levers. I'm considering new bars and its between the 3t Rotundo (traditional bend) and 3t Ergosum (ergo bend). thanks in advance. :beer:

How big are your hands?

I have large hands. I absolutely need a flat, smooth transition from the bars to the hoods. My palms need some room to breathe on the bar, my hand/palm does not fit exclusively on the hoods.

If I have a round bar with a downward slope to the hoods, my palms sit higher, which impacts my arm angle, how my shoulders sit, and ultimately, my ability to weight the front end of the bike.

acorn_user
09-09-2010, 06:34 AM
Rotundos are pretty shallow. You might also consider Deda newton deep drops.