PDA

View Full Version : Levi Gran Fondo

norcalbiker
09-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Anyone here doing the event? Maybe we could hook up and ride together. My buddy and I doing the century miles.

Psyclism
09-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Six of my friends and I are riding this. We're all Kansas natives, so we're excited to see and ride geography that none of us have experienced before.

Would love to add a few more to our group, but finding unknown faces amongst 5998 other riders will be rather difficult. :) Besides, we'll probably be slow as all hell considering we've never ridden the sorts of terrain we're being asked to climb.

norcalbiker
09-08-2010, 01:24 PM
We could at least try to hook up. I have not done Levi Gran Fondo but one thing I know for sure is to take your time on King Ridge. It is about 16 miles climb with about 2400 feet starting at Cazadero ending at Hauser Bridge Tin Barn. So it's really not that steep of a grade, compare to like Mt. Diablo (3300 feet in 11.5 miles) is just long.

Oh by the way, we are slow rider :) I am 52 years old, so how fast can I go. :(

akelman
09-08-2010, 01:31 PM
I'm doing it with a friend. And we're planning to go very slowly, as it will be a longer ride with more climbing than either of us have done in some time. If anyone can think of a place to meet, we'll be happy to try to find other forumites there.

akelman
09-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Also, I really like the idea of stopping every few miles to look at the scenery, take some pics, and then say, in an awed voice, "We're not in Kansas anymore." Or will that be annoying?

MattTuck
09-08-2010, 01:47 PM
If anyone can think of a place to meet, we'll be happy to try to find other forumites there.

Why don't you do what the kids today do? Exchange phone numbers and then call each other once you're in the general vicinity and try to find your way to each other, you know, three or more moving objects trying to locate the other moving objects. ;)

Who ever heard of picking a point and time certain to meet?!?! ;) ;)

Pete Serotta
09-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Will not be making it till next year.

Missed a Copper Mtn and the Grand Fondo for 2010

Yes, I have a 2010 ticket sill and if you buy a SEROTTA LEGEND ti or ABOVE your dealer can talk to STAN and get the ticket as a thanks :) :)

SoCalSteve
09-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Also, I really like the idea of stopping every few miles to look at the scenery, take some pics, and then say, in an awed voice, "We're not in Kansas anymore." Or will that be annoying?

Post of the Day!

Not annoying..well, kind of... ;)

norcalbiker
09-08-2010, 03:24 PM
My buddy and I are really just a couple of slow and enjoy the ride kind of rider. We do not ride like we are going to run out of road or run out of BBQ. We do not push each other.

PM me if anyone interested on hooking up so we can exchange cell phone.

Elefantino
09-08-2010, 08:25 PM
About a dozen of us from Jax are headed out; for me it's my old hometown.

We'll be riding Trinity on Thursday morning, then probably slow rolling out to Bodega on Friday.

Jack Brunk
09-08-2010, 08:58 PM
Will not be making it till next year.

Missed a Copper Mtn and the Grand Fondo for 2010

Yes, I have a 2010 ticket sill and if you buy a SEROTTA LEGEND ti or ABOVE your dealer can talk to STAN and get the ticket as a thanks :) :)
Pete,
Let's you Tom and I plan to ride the fondo in 2011. It's the weekend after the Furnace Creek 508 and Tom can't the excuse that he's not in shape. Wineries are on me.

Pete Serotta
09-09-2010, 06:04 AM
Pete,
Let's you Tom and I plan to ride the fondo in 2011. It's the weekend after the Furnace Creek 508 and Tom can't the excuse that he's not in shape. Wineries are on me.

I will be there........for sure. I really appreciate it, PETE

tribuddha
09-17-2010, 10:40 PM
we are riding the course( 100K) tomorrow leaving from finely at 0730.. if you can make it come on out..