PDA

View Full Version : the classifieds can have a happy ending

Climb01742
04-16-2005, 06:44 AM
there's been some unpleasantness recently from a classifieds transaction. i just wanted to give this yin to that yang. keith a. recently bought my CSi. there was a shipping snafu. my shop took a frustratingly long time to ship in the first place. then somehow the tracking number associated with it (though valid) wasn't picking up any info in the system. even UPS, whom i called directly, said, in great sargent schultz tradition, "i know nothing, i know nothing". yes, they said, it's in our system, but who knows where? and until it was officially "lost", UPS wouldn't put a trace on it. and only the shipper (my LBS) could request a trace. not me and not keith.

throughout all this, and with his money paid yet no frame and no idea when, or if, the frame would arrive, and not knowing me from adam, keith was a true forum pal. he was gracious, trusting and just plain nice. he believed me when i said stuff. he believed i was trying my best to figure this out. which is a tribute to two things, i think. keith is a good, good guy. and through this forum, a trust is built amongst total strangers. we may share little beyond a love of riding, but that shared love -- forstered by ben's patience with our antics here -- forges something pretty rare these days. in life these days, it seems people are really quick to think ill of each other. has it become our society's default setting--mistrust and suspicion? well here it isn't.

thank you keith. thank you ben. and thank you forum pals. faith in humanity can still be rewarded. faith in UPS or a bike shop swamped by spring newbies...well...?????

Kevin
04-16-2005, 07:19 AM
Lets here it for Keith and Climb. :beer:

Kevin

Keith A
04-18-2005, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the kind words and I whole heartily agree with Climb's assessment of the virtues of this forum and it's participants.

The other side of this coin is that Climb was outstanding to work with. He kept me informed all along the way and even had the bike shop call and accept responsibility for the delays. He made sure that I felt okay with what was going on and was committed to doing what ever it took to make sure I was happy with the sale. If I ever had a question, he was quick to respond to my e-mail.

In all of my bike related sales and purchases on the Internet over the last almost 10 years, I have experienced many good and even great people and fellow cyclists out there. However, there are a handful that really stand out and Mr. Climb is one of those -- along with Frank and Weisan.

Now if we can just get Wheelworks to pack their frames as good as Frank does...

weisan
04-18-2005, 11:15 AM
Thanks for your kind words, Keith-pal. I hope your family feels better soon. We are still going through with the bad cold we got a week ago, it's been passed around to the same person at least twice, one kid starts coughing and before we know it everyone is having a field day at it, hopefully things will die down soon both figuratively and in a literal sense.

Climb-pal, you have been a real inspiration for me lately, do you know that? ;) Keep going, bro. I am glad your little angel is healing well from her injury. In fact, her story of courage would be the subject of discussion during bedtime for my 7 and 4-years old tonight, I can see their bewildered faces now :eek: