false_Aest
09-02-2010, 04:03 PM
has been revealed.

SoCalSteve
09-02-2010, 04:14 PM
has been revealed.

The BBC fought him in court and lost.

There will be a new Stig in the future.

If you want to know who he is, click here (http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/09/02/british-judge-un-helmets-the-stig/)

false_Aest
09-02-2010, 04:15 PM
Man I should've bet $15 that you'd be the first one to reply Steve.

SoCalSteve
09-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Man I should've bet $15 that you'd be the first one to reply Steve.

By far, the best show on TV (and, you don't even have to be a "car guy") (http://www.bbcamerica.com/shows/topgear/index.jsp)

fourflys
09-02-2010, 05:19 PM
meh... won't change the show for me, I watch it to see them make fun Capt. Slow and the Hamster's teeth whitening... :D

gasman
09-02-2010, 07:14 PM
I wonder how the present Stig will meet his demise ?

The last one was launched off an aircraft carrier.

Who will be the new Stig ?

I love the show.

soulspinner
09-03-2010, 04:33 AM
A Nascar driver? You expect a former F1 driver.....Al jr once referred to nascar cars as souped up family cars :p

BengeBoy
09-03-2010, 09:22 AM
Did you ever see the show a few years back when they visited America and had an "American Stig" join them for a few laps?

It was a noticeably overweight guy in a white driver's suit...very funny if you've ever read what Jeremy Clarkson has to say about Americans in general.

tuxbailey
09-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Nooooo. :crap:

snah
09-03-2010, 10:18 AM
Doesn't matter who they put in the white suit, Top Gear is the funniest show on TV. Maybe now they can get Schumacher.

fourflys
09-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Did you ever see the show a few years back when they visited America and had an "American Stig" join them for a few laps?

It was a noticeably overweight guy in a white driver's suit...very funny if you've ever read what Jeremy Clarkson has to say about Americans in general.

That episode was hilarious!

false_Aest
09-03-2010, 10:47 AM
That episode was hilarious!

someone give me a season and episode number so I can watch it . . . .

I
D on't
C are
F ridays

Keith A
09-03-2010, 10:57 AM
I recently discovered this show...and I must admit I do enjoy it.

uno-speedo
09-03-2010, 12:22 PM
you want cheeeessssee on thaaaat?

BengeBoy
09-03-2010, 12:47 PM
someone give me a season and episode number so I can watch it . . . .

Series 9, episode 3, according to a quick search I did.

It's an episode where they each get $1,000 to buy a car in Miami. They then take off on a road trip; at one point they encounter Stig's American cousin, a fat racer in a white suit.

SoCalSteve
09-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Series 9, episode 3, according to a quick search I did.

It's an episode where they each get $1,000 to buy a car in Miami. They then take off on a road trip; at one point they encounter Stig's American cousin, a fat racer in a white suit.

Extremely funny show and a very, very poignant ending (as they end up in a hurricane worn-torn New Orleans)...

Every episode is a "worth see". Some more than others.

Season 15 Episode 4: Andy Garcia as the "Star in the Reasonably Priced Car".

Season 15 episode 5...Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz as the "Star in the Reasonably Priced Car".

Season 15 Episode 6: Jeff Goldblum as the "Star in the Reasonably Priced Car".

As Jeremy Clarkson said: Not bad for a little car show.

Innominatus
09-03-2010, 12:58 PM
at one point they encounter Stig's American cousin, a fat racer in a white suit.
Who was, if you believe the word on the street, none other than Tony Stewart.

uno-speedo
09-03-2010, 01:43 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1304162912186494266#

tuxbailey
09-03-2010, 02:28 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1304162912186494266#

Awesome. I like the lic. plate on the Cadillac that says "titanium."

BengeBoy
09-03-2010, 03:24 PM
As Jeremy Clarkson said: Not bad for a little car show.

I once did a favor for someone who then proceeded to give me *every* episode burned onto an DVD. My son and I have watched a bunch of them.

One of the things I've noticed about the shows -- unlike most "car shows" that have been on American TV, this is a *very* expensive show to produce. They do fairly expensive projects; they travel to interesting and exotic locations; and even just their "normal" car tests are photographed and produced beautifully.

false_Aest
09-03-2010, 03:35 PM
This was the best T.G. episode I've seen.

Thanks for the link.

SoCalSteve
09-03-2010, 03:37 PM
I once did a favor for someone who then proceeded to give me *every* episode burned onto an DVD. My son and I have watched a bunch of them.

One of the things I've noticed about the shows -- unlike most "car shows" that have been on American TV, this is a *very* expensive show to produce. They do fairly expensive projects; they travel to interesting and exotic locations; and even just their "normal" car tests are photographed and produced beautifully.

Bingo! You truly hit the nail squarely on its head!

I have been working "on production" on TV shows and movies for a bit over 30 years now. I know a bit of what it takes to make a movie and/or a TV show.

Nothing we do in the US (TV wise) even comes close to the production quality, photography, imagination and humor that this "little" car show does. Its not even close. We should be ashamed of ourselves by how badly we do.

Anyway, its not just Top Gear that's amazing. Google Jeremy Clarkson, James May or Richard Hammond and watch some of the other shows that they have produced and narrated (beyond car shows). Simply amazing work. Makes our stuff look amateurish in comparison.

jlyon
09-03-2010, 03:52 PM
I love this forum!

tuxbailey
09-03-2010, 04:21 PM
It is not just Top Gear, but a lot of BBC shows are excellent, shows like Planet Earth for example.

And in America, the most popular TV shows are American Idol, etc :)

Bingo! You truly hit the nail squarely on its head!

I have been working "on production" on TV shows and movies for a bit over 30 years now. I know a bit of what it takes to make a movie and/or a TV show.

Nothing we do in the US (TV wise) even comes close to the production quality, photography, imagination and humor that this "little" car show does. Its not even close. We should be ashamed of ourselves by how badly we do.

Anyway, its not just Top Gear that's amazing. Google Jeremy Clarkson, James May or Richard Hammond and watch some of the other shows that they have produced and narrated (beyond car shows). Simply amazing work. Makes our stuff look amateurish in comparison.

false_Aest
09-03-2010, 04:59 PM
And in America, the most popular TV shows are American Idol, etc :)

That side of the pond isn't without crap FWIW.

There's plenty of crap on a few of the other BBC channels AND AND AND

in Europe they have the Eurovision Song Contest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu5kgSeZHfw&feature=player_embedded#!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dgl8rAdk6M&feature=player_embedded#!