PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe there's virtually no 'cross talk going on!

Bruce K
08-31-2010, 07:12 PM
The season up here in New England is already at least 3 races old (4 if you count the Big Ring whatever it was in July) and there's virtually no one talking about cyclocross here.

Is no one into it here any more or just not into it yet?

My first "in season" race will be September 12 at the Quad Cross event in Bedford, MA.

Any New England folks planning to be there?

Anyone doing cross this year anywhere else?

It's time for mud, blood, waffles, Nutella, and beer!!

<insert cow bell here>

:banana: :banana: :banana:

BK

BumbleBeeDave
08-31-2010, 07:19 PM
That's just wrong . . . on so many levels! :no:

BBD

mtb_frk
08-31-2010, 07:31 PM
I cant wait. I am looking forward to the cooler weather and all the pain that cross brings. I upgraded my license this year, so I will be moving up after a good season last year. First race is in a couple of weeks.

Ray
08-31-2010, 07:39 PM
Cross talk? I thought politics was banned?

-Ray

Pete Serotta
09-01-2010, 06:37 AM
RAY Only in PA :) :) if what i hear. PETE

djg
09-01-2010, 06:45 AM
Mid-Atlantic down here -- practices have begun but racing is still a couple of weeks off.

Come on down and join us for Charm City (the Sunday race, the day after Yom Kippur, at which I'll be leaner if not meaner -- not going on Saturday).

rice rocket
09-01-2010, 06:47 AM
Saw some team or something doing practice runs in a local park.

Just ordered my cross frame last night; it'll be my first foray into cross, and Nashbar has cheeeeeeeeap frames. Aluminum unfortunately, I would've preferred steel.

rockdude
09-01-2010, 07:10 AM
I am ready for some cross action. Been in a 9 month cross training cycle. The season here in Colorado begains in 9 days..... Up graded my Serotta Concours with an Edge Fork and 4 new sets of carbon tubulars with some sweet FMB's... I hope I can move from the back of the mid-pac to the middle of the mid-pac. :banana:

Hup, hup to all you crossers :beer:

Karin Kirk
09-01-2010, 09:19 AM
Our team had our first cross practice ride last week. It felt good to be back at it, as I was only just getting the hang of it last fall when the snow arrived for good.

We had some PVC barriers set up for practice in a local park. Near the barriers was a pavilion where some group was enjoying a barbecue. I could not help but wonder what they were thinking in watching us. Looked like some sort of dog agility trials on bicycles. Of course we were all enthusiastic and frothing at the mouth happily, much like border collies or something. Good times!

dperez@shutts.c
09-01-2010, 10:31 AM
Down in SFLA our season doesn't start until November!

So, I'm headed to Illinois this month for a little Chicagocross cup action and then to Gloucester in early October and then back to Chicago for another cross weekend before starting the race series in Florida.

I started training for cross last month.

Can't wait for the season to start!

We are also organizing a race on December 18, 2010 and January 9, 2011. Check it out: WWW.Tropicalcyclocross.com.

Come down and join us. Serotta forum members get a discount.

Bruce K
09-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Dario;

Leet me know your plans when Gloucester gets closer. We live 2 miles from the venue.

Unfortunately, the December date is too early and the January date too late for a school teacher to make the trip.

BK

Tim
09-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Cross talk! We're having a heat wave here- about 92F. here today (Montreal, Canada)...it's way too much like summer for talk of the cross season.

dperez@shutts.c
09-01-2010, 04:41 PM
Bruce

Thanks for the offer. I'm staying near the race course (or so I'm told), so that should work out well!

We are new to cross in Florida, so we can use some insider know-how. I'm told this race is "nuts".

Jawn P
09-01-2010, 06:05 PM
First race in the Cleveland area is this Saturday.

I'm hoping to upgrade to cat 1 this year. Wish me luck :banana:

Bruce K
09-01-2010, 08:24 PM
I wouldn't call Gloucester "nuts" but it is VERY big (usually about 1200 riders over the two days) and a VERY challenging course.

Let's try to plan a "meet and greet" somewhere over that weekend. Tehre will be lots of forum members past and present in attendance.

BK

dperez@shutts.c
09-02-2010, 07:55 AM
Ok, I'm in.

Just let me know where and when.