PDA

View Full Version : Louis Garneau Mens Neo Power Bib Shorts

norcalbiker
08-30-2010, 02:00 PM
Thinking of buying one of this and just wear it for climbing. Anyone here have any input on this brand and model. I found them at a very good special price.

http://www.louisgarneau.com/us-en/product/305512/1058157/BibsShorts/MEN_NEO_POWER_BIB

Tim
08-30-2010, 05:36 PM
Louis Garneau has been in the cycle clothing business for a long time and makes reasonable quality stuff at a good price. Many Canadian teams and clubs use his company for their stuff. I have several pairs of Garneau shorts- they seem to me to be middle of the road- not too expensive, not too fancy, not anything really special- but they fit OK and the price is right.
I like the fit of Verge shorts better- but they cost more and are not as easy to get.

EastCoastRoadie
08-30-2010, 06:21 PM
Garneau makes decent stuff. Used it a lot when I could hit their factory store in VT and get it dirt cheap.

I personally think that Giordana bibs are outstanding, and you can get some great deals if you look around the net.

tv_vt
08-30-2010, 08:21 PM
I have several pair of the neo power shorts in bibs and non-bib. Love em. Make sure the padding is not the perforated one they make (Ergozone - not my favorite). The other ones are great. Sizing may run 1/2 size small on them. But I'd highly recommend them. They're not average shorts - much better than that, I think.

Thom

TMB
08-30-2010, 08:30 PM
Thinking of buying one of this and just wear it for climbing. Anyone here have any input on this brand and model. I found them at a very good special price.

http://www.louisgarneau.com/us-en/product/305512/1058157/BibsShorts/MEN_NEO_POWER_BIB

Are you going to change when you get to the top of a hill?

Have someone follow in a car to ferry them ahead to the next hill???

Just curious.

rice rocket
08-30-2010, 08:35 PM
I read it more as, he's gonna wear JUST that while climbing.

Kinda like this:

http://assosnucleo.com/fileUpload/images/p235_T_FIUnoLogo_4.jpg

;)

TMB
08-30-2010, 08:45 PM
Oh dear .........

That would be unfortunate.

norcalbiker
08-31-2010, 04:40 PM
Are you going to change when you get to the top of a hill?

Have someone follow in a car to ferry them ahead to the next hill???

Just curious.

:confused:

I meant to say that I was only going to wear it when climbing because of the duration ride being 2 to 2.5 hours on the saddle. Not when we do our regular 60 to 75 miles on the weekend. That's when I wear a good bib shorts like ASSOS or SKINS. :D

BumbleBeeDave
08-31-2010, 04:55 PM
. . . why Assos has such great stuff and then models it by putting it on that guy wearing sunglasses that make him look like giant insect man.

Talk about unfortunate . . . :eek:

BBD

norcalbiker
08-31-2010, 06:31 PM
Hey dude,

Is that really your number of post?

"11,014,034"

WHAO!!!!

BumbleBeeDave
08-31-2010, 07:18 PM
Hey dude,

Is that really your number of post?

"11,014,034"

WHAO!!!!

. . . I type fast!

BBD

kgreene10
09-01-2010, 02:10 AM
Our club kits have been made by Garneau for at least the past handful of years. The bibs we order use the Airzone chamois just like the NeoPower shorts and for me, it is the very best. Every butt is different, but the Assos F5.13 (the really crazy expensive one) didn't work for me and neither did the Castellis or a bunch of others. But I can wear the Ganreau for a century ride and feel fine.

The fabric is another deal all together. We have had some problems with their Tech 9 fabric and customer service left a lot to be desired. I bet that the NeoPower uses a better fabric b/c we only pay $65 for custom bibs with four colors.