PDA

View Full Version : Colorodo Legend CRL

slaggerd4
08-28-2010, 06:51 AM
Hello this is my first post,and I was wondering if anyone could tell me about my new bike Colorodo legend CRL,and it's history. The bike is pink & blue is all orginal,and has all campy equipment I bought it at an estate sale. I am wondering what year it was made & if there is any way to trace it by seriel number. I would also like to know the value. The bike is in near perfect condition & I rode it a few days ago, and it rides like a charm ! Thank you, David

Pete Serotta
08-28-2010, 06:56 AM
It is from the very late 80s or first few years in 90s, CR was the base model and CRL was lighter tubing. As to value it is probably worth more stripping the campy off and selling and also selling the campy separately.

as to value of the bike as it now sits....$1000 is the average.

slaggerd4
09-03-2010, 05:00 AM
Thank you Pete, I was wondering if I choose to sell this bike, I should post it here in the classified section. I really like the bike, and wonder if I should keep riding it or should I keep it in storage . Is it considered a classic ? Is it a rare find here in Maine ? Thanks again, David

mandasol
09-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Is it considered a classic ?

Definitely!

Is it a rare find here in Maine ?

Ferrari 250GT rare? No...
Audi Quattro Coupe rare? Maybe...

I really like the bike, and wonder if I should keep riding it or should I keep it in storage

It's not a museum piece and it's not going to appreciate in value, ride it!

I was wondering if I choose to sell this bike, I should post it here in the classified section.

Even though I've bought and sold my fair share of stuff here, and it's always nice seeing Serotta's posted for sale here, this place is not really about buying and selling. Classified posts by new members are generally frowned on, though a lot of detail, history, pictures, proof of goods, corroboration from other members, and a good open attitude helps. Flipping is very frowned on, unless you got a great deal and you are willing to pass on the exact same good deal or better on to the next guy. Also, keep in mind your stuff will not sell any faster than ebay or craigslist vs. here, and generally you will not get more money (even factoring in ebay fees).

Also, this time of year stinks for selling. Won't hurt the value by putting on a few miles while waiting till next spring when you may get more interest.

slaggerd4
09-10-2010, 06:04 AM
Thank you for the advice, I am going to keep it, and ride it, it is the best bike I ahve ever rode or owned. oh by the way I bought it on the side of the road at a yard sale. The guy said it had 2 flat tires, but wanted to get 200 hundred for the bike. I bouhgt it and took to my local bike shop to have the tires fixed & the only thing they needed was air ! The owner of the bike shop said it was in near perfect condition with only a coulpe of scratches, he offered me a new 2010 trek road bike in trade for the serotta, the bike he wanted to trade was listed for 1,500 . I like my serotta, am going to keep it. Thank you all for your encouraging comments. Regards, David

oliver1850
09-10-2010, 09:32 AM