PDA

View Full Version : Why I race with a team

Too Tall
04-14-2005, 07:09 AM
Even though I'm a goofy overgrown wannabe I really get alot out of the social side of racing with a predominantly masters race team. Our guys are basically an overgrown gentleman's club. No not THAT sort of club you feebs!!! ;)

To become a member of our team you must do the following before joining: participate in group rides, volunteer at club activities, introduce yourself to as many members as you can, be nice. That's it! After your face becomes known a sponsor will propose a "dating period" where for an indeterminate amt. of time you are an honorary member. At some point the membership committee will wave the magic wand, or not, and you are in. We do not pick folks based on race results and our members are not required to race and we do not reimburse for anything. All our loose dollars go to charity and perks (clothing etc.) everyone receives.

Here is an example of the oddball group think: Each master's category eg. 40+, 50+, 30+ will give 100% of their winnings to their categories slush fund. At the end of the year we will have a blow out party, tell a bunch of lies about what great guys and gals we are and plan more escapades for next yr.

PS - We are required to wave at everyone, wear helmets and obey traffic laws. ;)

Tom Byrnes
04-14-2005, 10:05 AM
Sounds like a great group. :)

Tom