PDA

View Full Version : In support of Landis...

Steve in SLO
08-27-2010, 09:38 AM
If you have some time to burn, you may want to check out this thread about Landis started by e-ritchie in 2006.
It makes for some interesting reading knowing what we know now:
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=19746

BumbleBeeDave
08-27-2010, 10:23 AM
I definitely think he took something, but I will always wonder exactly what he DID take, because every single piece of reading I can find indicates that testosterone simply doesn't work like that. You don't just slap that patch on your man bag and turn into Superman 24 hours later--which is exactly what he seemed to do.

What could he have taken that would have done that? Every other PED I've heard of is something you have to ingest over a period of time to get the effect. What could he have taken that would have done it overnight? Big does of steroids? Amphetamines? Not sure, but can't help but feel sorry a bit for the way his life has gone. He's obviously a troubled person in many, many ways.

BBD

Tom
08-27-2010, 10:30 AM
- Use test in training to allow a much heavier training load.
- Bag your blood for when you're getting that tired and run-down feeling and want to keep training.
- Clean up your system before the big race.
- Enter the big race.
- Lose a lot of time on one stage.
- Freak out.
- Remember you have that bag of blood back in the fridge.
- Figure what have you got to lose?
- Load up.
- Drink lots and lots of water while riding so you keep your hematocrit where it belongs.
- Astound everybody with your performance.
- Oop, crap, forgot about the test in the blood.

Likes2ridefar
08-27-2010, 11:17 AM
Can't say he seemed troubled in many, many ways when I was racing against him a few weeks ago for a 3 days in the Catskills. he stayed with a juniors development team, or was at least around them a lot, and they were talking about him a few weeks later saying what a great guy he was.

flydhest
08-27-2010, 11:24 AM
I believe Floyd. I mean Tyler. I mean . . . well whatever.

Climb01742
08-27-2010, 11:33 AM
Can't say he seemed troubled in many, many ways when I was racing against him a few weeks ago for a 3 days in the Catskills. he stayed with a juniors development team, or was at least around them a lot, and they were talking about him a few weeks later saying what a great guy he was.

everyone laughs in the catskills. :D and be sure to try the veal.

gasman
08-27-2010, 11:39 AM
- Use test in training to allow a much heavier training load.
- Bag your blood for when you're getting that tired and run-down feeling and want to keep training.
- Clean up your system before the big race.
- Enter the big race.
- Lose a lot of time on one stage.
- Freak out.
- Remember you have that bag of blood back in the fridge.
- Figure what have you got to lose?
- Load up.
- Drink lots and lots of water while riding so you keep your hematocrit where it belongs.
- Astound everybody with your performance.
- Oop, crap, forgot about the test in the blood.
Nail on the head. Plus he probably did have a patch on.

Ahneida Ride
08-27-2010, 11:47 AM
everyone laughs in the catskills. :D and be sure to try the veal.

Drum roll please ???? :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yl3UMO-TkE

EastCoastRoadie
08-27-2010, 11:53 AM
I was one of the many completely taken by Floyd's story. I bought it hook, line and sinker and wanted to believe. I defended him with many friends outside the cycling community. Needless to say, shame on me.

The fact that he lied is not so shocking to me-he was trying to protect a lucrative career and did what most other riders in his position have done-deny, deny, deny.

What is shocking and so disappointing to me is how he comes "clean", but then throws every American he has ever ridden with under the bus. Didn't name a single person from another country to the best of my knowledge despite riding with lots of them on his past teams. It was a very Lemond-esque moment-none of these Americans could do what they do without cheating (except of course Lemond). He suddenly tried to make himself out to be the good guy doing the right thing when he is only doing it to make $$ and stay out of prison.

There is a high probability that Lance and others cheated as well during their careers, but why bring this up now when there will never be any physical evidence to present. It will be he said-she said, and I suspect that most of the riders will back Lance. To me, Floyd's word is meaningless, so you need a real smoking gun from somewhere else. And what is the intended outcome of going public? Destroy all other prominent American riders, and specifically Lance? Lance clearly ticked someone off somewhere b/c the WSJ and others seem hell bent on "getting" him. You can't take any of the titles away b/c he has tested clean every single time within the "system".

This just puts another black eye on the sport, and really damages our chances to grow the sport in the US. I have never really been a Lance lover or hater, but I am definitely no Floyd fan moving forward. His 15 minutes is long since passed, and it is time for him to crawl back into his whole and drink himself silly.

PaulE
08-27-2010, 12:43 PM
Mike Barry is from Canada. A lot of Canadians get offended when Canada is referred to as the 51st state. Carry on.