PDA

View Full Version : Video of cyclist hitting ped

alembical
08-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Here is an interesting video of a wrong way cyclist hitting a pedestrian who was jaywalking. They both seem to handle it well and acknowledge their own fault in the accident. Personally, I think the cyclist is much more at fault, but am glad to see them resolve it without fighting, police, attorneys, etc..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghs3Cr2gWTQ&feature=player_embedded

rice rocket
08-25-2010, 12:04 PM
Agreed. If I was jaywalking (or hell, even if I was crossing LEGALLY in a crosswalk), I wouldn't think I'd have to look the wrong way down a one way street. :rolleyes:

Dosebase02
08-25-2010, 12:20 PM
I think they are both at fault..but more the cyclist haha..that was resolved quickly, i'm surprised the the man didn't cause the cyclist to crash harder ha.

Blue Jays
08-25-2010, 12:23 PM
This nitwit person who happens to be riding a bicycle (he certainly ain't a cyclist) is far more at fault.
The arrogance that is obviously dripping off him is pretty annoying, too.
Let's be hopeful that casual observers aren't lumping us in with numbskulls like him.

goonster
08-25-2010, 12:26 PM
I think the cyclist is much more at fault
+1

Looking both ways when crossing a one-way street is a habit that has become ingrained from my formative years living in Manhattan.

ThasFACE
08-25-2010, 12:36 PM
+1

Looking both ways when crossing a one-way street is a habit that has become ingrained from my formative years living in Manhattan.
Yeah, this, especially now that the delivery guys all seem to have to electric bicycles.

Onno
08-25-2010, 12:47 PM
That "cancels out" comment made me want to punch the guy. What an a-hole. And presumably he's riding while holding a camera in one hand?? He's not long for this world....

gdw
08-25-2010, 01:16 PM
That cyclist is a total douch and deserved an asskicking by the old guy he hit. Hard to believe the twit would post that clip on youtube.

thegunner
08-25-2010, 01:24 PM
Yeah, this, especially now that the delivery guys all seem to have to electric bicycles.

those things are freakin' silent... and fast

fiamme red
08-25-2010, 01:30 PM
Yeah, this, especially now that the delivery guys all seem to have to electric bicycles.I wonder how much those electric bikes weigh? 60 lbs?

rugbysecondrow
08-25-2010, 01:31 PM
That cyclist is a total douch and deserved an asskicking by the old guy he hit. Hard to believe the twit would post that clip on youtube.

Agreed. Funny how somebody can be completly in the wrong and still find a way to blame others. Trying to pass it off like it is the pedestrians fault. If it were a car driving the wrong way down a one way, texting and not paying attention, then hits a cyclist, all hell would break loose.

oliver1850
08-25-2010, 02:17 PM

54ny77
08-25-2010, 02:24 PM
that cyclist/messenger was a moron.

and that's all i say on that. :banana:

ThasFACE
08-25-2010, 02:49 PM
I wonder how much those electric bikes weigh? 60 lbs?
Could be that much. The frames they use look heavy and the electric hardware is substantial. And yeah, they're super silent and suprisingly fast.

Basically, I hate those damn things and I hate the way those delivery guys ride. I'd be happy to tip a little more and wait a little longer if it meant that those guys would slow down a bit and pay at least a little attention to both traffic and pedestrians.

54ny77
08-25-2010, 03:28 PM
Bzzzzzzt.

"Hello?"

"Hello! Food lobby!"

Ahh, one of the charms of city life.... :D

Could be that much. The frames they use look heavy and the electric hardware is substantial. And yeah, they're super silent and suprisingly fast.

Basically, I hate those damn things and I hate the way those delivery guys ride. I'd be happy to tip a little more and wait a little longer if it meant that those guys would slow down a bit and pay at least a little attention to both traffic and pedestrians.

StellaBlue
08-25-2010, 03:36 PM
A car should run that idiot over

slowgoing
08-25-2010, 03:58 PM
Natural selection at work.

Benjamin
08-25-2010, 04:25 PM
That "cancels out" comment made me want to punch the guy. What an a-hole. And presumably he's riding while holding a camera in one hand?? He's not long for this world....

maybe it's a helmet cam?

in the beginning, you can see what looks like a bag in his right hand.

the guy he hit might have been stepping out to get a cab or something, so saying he's crossing outside of a crosswalk is weak.

either way, he's riding at a good speed, one-handed, the wrong way on a one-way street. i would not have let him off so easily.

qjetha
08-25-2010, 04:50 PM
What I don't understand is why the biker (definitely not a cyclist) decided to put his own video of him doing something extremely stupid on youtube.

I also think the biker was definitely more at fault and he was an idiot just smoothing it over and telling people it is all okay and "cancels out".

Louis
08-25-2010, 05:23 PM
We are our own worst enemy.

ThasFACE
08-25-2010, 05:25 PM
So damn frustrating and so true.

winmonster
08-25-2010, 09:56 PM

Whoa! There's no we here. This guy is to a cyclist what an orange is to a banana. Anyways, your point is still has merit, it's just not relevant to this retard. The general public will group us together anyways...

Louis
08-25-2010, 11:08 PM
The general public will group us together anyways...

Maybe us good guys could get jerseys that say something like "I'm not the idiot who slammed into you last week."

kenw
08-26-2010, 12:03 AM
Have very few details, but in essence: female cyclist hits pedestrian, cyclist
dies from injuries, pedestrian had minor injuries. Don't know how fast cyclist was traveling.

rice rocket
08-26-2010, 12:07 AM
Wait, the cyclist died?

Did she get impaled w/ a broken tube or something? Go find more details!

kenw
08-26-2010, 11:21 PM
http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_15015300

Sorry, but don't know how to turn that into a link

kenw
08-26-2010, 11:23 PM
nil

dixiesdad
08-27-2010, 11:30 AM
I don't want to throw all messengers under the bus that would be too much but, but the rude and stupid ones belong there... I had a buddy of mine here in Denver get knocked down in crosswalk while the messenger was running a red light. I also got brushed by one of the same clowns again from one going the wrong way and running a light. This does set the standard that others measure all cyclists by and I think the real thing most messengers are good for is seeing that you can ride a pair of sidi shoes and never ever do any cleaning or maintence on them, ride them in the rain and snow, and they still survive. :) I also had one of my sidewalk racers buddies come around a corner so fast the other day he was on my side and couldn't correct so I went all the way to the right to avoid him. My only comment was NICE!! and thanks!!! the other thoughts stayed in my head. The only delivery guys that seem to have any sense are the Jimmy Johns delivery guys in Denver.