PDA

View Full Version : Serotta MTB with discs?

split
04-13-2005, 12:50 PM
Is Serotta bringing back Ti mountain bike frames with IS disc brake tabs!? I guess I'll have to go to Sea Otter to find out. I would have opted for disc tabs if they weren't Hayes only when I ordered my Odile. I saw this teaser pic in the main page. :)

Let the dirtly little secret out of the bag!

musgravecycles
04-13-2005, 12:52 PM
I don't think that is a MTB. The CS-ST angle is to big. I'm pretty sure that it is a cross bike....or maybe...

split
04-13-2005, 12:55 PM
I don't think that is a MTB. The CS-ST angle is to big. I'm pretty sure that it is a cross bike....or maybe...

The picture file was saved as Sea_Otter_MTB_1.jpg????? Hmmmm. Even still, a Serotta cross bike with discs would be damn sexy.

M_A_Martin
04-13-2005, 02:59 PM
That Seat stay/Chain stay angle doesn't look too big if it's a large hard tail or one of the more interesting suspension designs. We're so used to looking at FS bikes that the angle on anything hardtail looks huge now.

musgravecycles
04-13-2005, 03:04 PM
The last couple mountain bikes I've built have been pretty small.

I stand corrected...

M_A_Martin
04-13-2005, 03:43 PM
musgrave...I was only throwing out ideas...I certainly am probably wrong.

It's a funky photo angle too.

aLexis
04-13-2005, 07:24 PM
Is Serotta bringing back Ti mountain bike frames with IS disc brake tabs!? I guess I'll have to go to Sea Otter to find out. I would have opted for disc tabs if they weren't Hayes only when I ordered my Odile. I saw this teaser pic in the main page. :)

Let the dirtly little secret out of the bag!

You are getting warmer......

Bruce K
04-13-2005, 09:05 PM
The mysterious Alexis speaks again!

:banana: :banana:

BK

split
04-13-2005, 09:57 PM
You are getting warmer......

Serotta_James revealed that there will be 2 new mountain bike prototypes showcased at Sea Otter in the other thread. Someone must take pictures and post them here for all to see! :)

I'm lusting a Ti/Carbon mountain bike. Am I warmer now?

M_A_Martin
04-13-2005, 10:39 PM
The OttRott All Mountain?

crossjunkee
04-14-2005, 09:45 AM
Even still, a Serotta cross bike with discs would be damn sexy.

Cross bikes with discs are not UCI legal.

Bruce K
04-14-2005, 10:25 AM
True (as stated in the other thread), but I believe they are legal in lower classes (B & C) of cross races and a whole lotta fun for recreational cross riding.

BK

split
04-14-2005, 02:35 PM
This just appeared on the main page. A Ti/Carbon bike picture with the file name "Sea_Otter_MTB_2". I'm speechless, utterly speechless. Have the pros been riding Ottrott mountain bikes? Let's see pictures 3, 4, 5....

:D :D
:banana:

split
04-14-2005, 03:09 PM
Hmmm, 2 new mountain bike prototypes... I'm going to guess a Ti/Carbon hardtail and a Ti/Carbon softtail. So did I win?

M_A_Martin
04-14-2005, 03:18 PM
Legend Disc All Mountain
OttRott Disc XC

pdonk
04-14-2005, 06:51 PM
I am now getting excited. i was planning on a new dualie this year, to complement my hardtail. But this could make me change my mind. Hopefully they'll offer it with a 29'er option.

Only Serotta Mtb I've seen in real life is at Mt Snow probably 10 years ago. it was dayglo and had one of the biggest dents n a tube I've ever seen without teh bike actually crumbling. Guy said it had happened in a race a few weeks earlier and he had not had time to call to see about getting the tube replaced.

Tony Edwards
04-14-2005, 11:17 PM
I am now getting excited. i was planning on a new dualie this year, to complement my hardtail. But this could make me change my mind. Hopefully they'll offer it with a 29'er option.

Only Serotta Mtb I've seen in real life is at Mt Snow probably 10 years ago. it was dayglo and had one of the biggest dents n a tube I've ever seen without teh bike actually crumbling. Guy said it had happened in a race a few weeks earlier and he had not had time to call to see about getting the tube replaced.

I've had a Serotta ATi mountain bike for almost ten years now - IMO the ATi/CHT might be the nicest hardtail ever made. It'd be great if they resumed building mountain bikes, although IMO an Ottrott mountain bike would flat-out be too expensive to subject to the kind of abuse I have heaped on my bike over the years.

split
04-15-2005, 09:02 AM
Keep 'em coming! Picture #3 posted this morning of what looks to be a Ti/Carbon mountain bike. That will be one sweet ride. $8000 mountain bike anyone? I'm salivating now.

Bruce K
04-15-2005, 09:58 AM
I'll bet Alexis has hers picked out already. ;)

BK