PDA

View Full Version : Another amazing Serotta customer support story!

Gat64
08-22-2010, 10:36 AM
Back on August 2, I was heading out for a ride on my beloved 2002 CST (one of the last ones built I think...) when I noticed a very slight crack in the weld junction of the upper section of the seat tube to the lower portion. Well, as you can imagine, my hear sank - and I was a little panicked as I am training for the Crank the Shield race up here in Canada which takes place early September.

I immediately emailed Serotta with some pictures and asked what are my next steps. Lindsey at Serotta supplied me with an RA number and I then had a few email exchanges with Scott Hock. I had asked what the normal turnaround was with my plea to get the frame back as soon as possible. Well, Scott was very sympathetic to my situation and after I suggested that I might drive the frame down (6 hours from where I live) he said they would do their very best to get the issue corrected as soon as possible.

So on August 8, I stripped down the frame and headed down to Saratoga Springs. On the morning of August 9th I pulled up at the Serotta parking lot, got the frame out of my car and while walking up to the main factory building, Scott Hock came out, greeted me and immediately looked at the frame. He then asked when I was heading back because they could repair the frame that morning. Well, I was obviously thrilled.

Scott then took the frame in and proceeded to give me a personalized tour of the factory (something I had always wanted to do). It is an impressive layout and took all my will power not to get fitted for a new Ottrott right there and then! I was particularly taken by the enthusiasm and overall cheeriness of all the employees there. All willing to talk about what they do - with obvious pride.

Anyway, after the extended tour, I let Scott get back to his normal duties and went for a coffee since the frame was expected to be done around lunch. When I returned, Scott told me they were just applying the bead blast finish and asked me what decals I wanted (yippee - new decals!). Shortly after noon, Scott presented me with the fixed frame - it looked beautiful - completely new again! I forgot how light the titanium looks when fresh.

I thanked Scott and headed off back home. I did get quite a questioning from Canadian customs as they, I suspect, they did not believe the frame was used (could hardly blame them...).

So, in the end, The frame was out of commission for a total of 7 days! Amazing! I would like to thank everyone at Serotta for fixing this issue so quickly and especially Scott Hock for his time and sympathetic ear.

Cheers,
Scott

Matt-H
08-22-2010, 11:18 AM
Hats off to Serotta for some excellent customer service! Sounds like a great experience all around. If you weren't a Serotta fan for life before, I suspect you are now...

oldpotatoe
08-23-2010, 08:05 AM
Aren't Serotta dealers also customers of Serotta? Don't hear a lot about how dealers feel about Serotta customer service. Are there any Serotta dealers that frequent this forum?

SEABREEZE
08-23-2010, 08:55 AM
Great story, and great service .... Serrotta rocks... and always will.