PDA

View Full Version : Speedvagen

Roadbike61
08-21-2010, 03:23 PM
Considering purchasing one. Thoughts? Are they worth the $? Looking at a road machine. Can anyone comment on the ride?

BumbleBeeDave
08-21-2010, 03:48 PM
You will find lots of feedback on this bike over there at Velocipede Salon. I have not ridden one myself, but from the comments I've seen from owners it's as much a fashion statement among a certain crowd as it is a bike to ride.

BBD

rugbysecondrow
08-21-2010, 03:56 PM
I would, and did, take my money and get a custom TIG Bedford for the price of what even a used Speedvegan goes for. I love my Bedford and I know it is MINE when I hop on it. I think there might be strong opinions about this though.

Chris
08-21-2010, 04:03 PM
I have one. It's a great bike. It isn't a greater bike than another custom road rig. I like Sacha. I like the idea behind speedvagen. I like supporting guys and ideas that I like. That's what it comes down to for me. I do think that you have recognize that it is a pure race bike. If you are hoping for something else, there are lots of other options out there.

The ride is fantastic. I've been away from steel for awhile, and it's super nice being back on it. The handling is spot on and dialed.

srice
08-21-2010, 04:51 PM
I've got one and it is now my second favorite bike to ride (2nd to the Sachs). Can I say that the PITA factor in getting this bike was worth it? I haven't made up my mind on that one yet. It is a cool loking bike and has a bunch of unique details that you don't see on many bikes. So far, I've only run into a small handful of people who even know what it is - that coveted bikes around here are Treks and Cannondales

Smiley
08-21-2010, 04:55 PM
I would, and did, take my money and get a custom TIG Bedford for the price of what even a used Speedvegan goes for. I love my Bedford and I know it is MINE when I hop on it. I think there might be strong opinions about this though.

+ 1000

moran
08-21-2010, 07:01 PM
It's a nice bike. I have a Seven Elium, Peg Responsorium, IF 953 SSR, and a Speedvagen Road.

Ride wise...they are all different, but all good. The Speedvagen is the stiffest, the IF the lightest (similar components). The Vagen tracks/corners very, very well, and it is a quick handling bike....though it is not nervous or twitchy.

I love it. I love the subtle shaping of the tubes and I like the thought Sacha has put into the overall Speedvagen concept, the way he continues to evolve it, and the Vanilla Workshop's customer service is second to none (so is IF's).

Also, you have the choice between stock or custom....so you can get exactly what you want.

I like it so much I have ordered a Speedvagen Cross for this year.

akelman
08-21-2010, 07:20 PM
Somebody should really give me a SV cross. Because I'm that good a guy.

flydhest
08-21-2010, 07:51 PM
What Chris said. I have a Vanilla, but not a Speedvagen. Sacha is really great. The bikes are very cool. If you race, it will undoubtedly be what you want from a bike.

Ultimately, and I imagine Sacha would say something similar, it's a bike. A great bike, but a bike. If you want a great bike and dig the mojo, you will almost certainly be thrilled.

I have one. It's a great bike. It isn't a greater bike than another custom road rig. I like Sacha. I like the idea behind speedvagen. I like supporting guys and ideas that I like. That's what it comes down to for me. I do think that you have recognize that it is a pure race bike. If you are hoping for something else, there are lots of other options out there.

The ride is fantastic. I've been away from steel for awhile, and it's super nice being back on it. The handling is spot on and dialed.