08-20-2010, 07:50 PM
I enjoyed it. thanks for the link.

MattTuck
08-20-2010, 10:29 PM
I thought that was pretty great.

Thanks for the link!!

AngryScientist
08-20-2010, 10:35 PM
not bad. he should have come home and kicked dad in the ass though!

Climb01742
08-21-2010, 04:58 AM
kinda nice. rapha doesn't f-around. when they make a film, they do it right, with a very good director, great cinematography, film not video, and good locations.

but one small nit. ok, the bike would have been filthy, so they have him wash it. but nowhere, after all those years of sitting in a shed, do they have him pump up the tires? sorry, but in such a quality production, it's the sort of small logic/continuity slip that stands out. they were so clearly careful enough, and cared enough, to get sean kelly's (wink, wink) vitus right, having a 24 or 36-frame cut-away to a pump being in the shed as well would have been an easy thing.

soulspinner
08-21-2010, 07:03 AM
The tires and Sean Kellys seat was too high :)

learlove
08-21-2010, 07:54 AM
Back when I was a junior I used to train with a guy (big time mileage junkie) who had the exact same vitus (although he had all Mavic parts on it) and KAS jersey. That was almost 20 years ago and I still see him sometimes riding that same vitus today.

djg
08-21-2010, 07:57 AM
crazy teenage kid . . . gettin' on a bike without a professional fit consultation with lazers and stuff or even a proper lecture on the direction in which to push the pedals . . .

learlove
08-21-2010, 09:10 AM
yeah and that pro guy riding up along side of him - no under layer for his jersey, no power meter, there wasn't a piece of carbon for 100 miles. How did they even make it up the hill without their zip 202's, I mean come on, it has to be fake, right?

And the kid drank plain water, from a stream no less. just how in the heck did he think he was going to replace his electrolytes and stuff. he didn't even have a water bottle, the super duper hydration company empires told me I had to drink their "super duper mega cito hydra energy mix" every 8 minutes and 34 seconds when in my endurance heart range (every 5 minutes and 22 seconds when in the aerobic range) or my legs would fall off and I'd have to leave my 10K carbon everything super compact mega oversize bottom bracket tapered headtube no seat post having wonder bike by the side of the rode and crawl home.

avalonracing
08-21-2010, 09:44 AM
That video makes me want to spend $175 on a short sleeve jersey right away!

BumbleBeeDave
08-21-2010, 12:21 PM
. . . until the lack of a transition shot with the tires being pumped up became apparent. I agree with Climb . . . it would have been so easy to have just a few seconds of him finding a pump along with the bike.

BBD

FastVegan
08-21-2010, 02:03 PM
That video makes me want to spend $175 on a short sleeve jersey right away!
HAHA Post of the day!!!