PDA

View Full Version : Hip water?

Jason E
08-17-2010, 06:32 PM
I saw this in a gas station in Monck's Corner, SC yesterday. Knew it was not a spoof, cause, well, I was standing there.

If I saw this first, I may have thought it was fake...

I wonder if it would fit in the flask water bottle cage.

http://www.lovefred.com/

PS, for next trip, any tips on a decent lunch in Monck's Corner?

xjoex
08-17-2010, 06:52 PM
I'm not sure how close it is to moncks corner, but mt pleasant and charleston both have mellow mushrooms . I love that place.... I'll be moving to charleston when I am finished up grad school. Is there any mtn biking within 1 hours drive? We usually bring our road bikes when we come down.

Joe

Jason E
08-17-2010, 07:04 PM
I love the Mellow Mushroom. There is one maybe 5 miles from my house in N. Raleigh.

After my meeting in Monck's Corner, I drove down to Mt. Pleasant, through Charleston ('cause I did not know where I was going) to see a small company that does what we do. There is plenty down there, but it is another 40 minutes south. MC seemed to have a good selection of Applebee's and Bojangles. I'd love local flair if it was there. That said, it is really back pocket, I may not be right there as a destination for a while.

JE

I ride closer to Raleigh and points west. I am sure there is good riding out there somewhere though.

firerescuefin
08-17-2010, 07:13 PM
Picture the commercial:

Middle aged man...about 40 pounds overweight. Brand new Trek (RS Edition)...full SRAM Red, carbon wheels...blah blah (even the one off german rear der. cage).

Full RS pro-kit....how could I forget the yellow Oakley's and 400 Nike Ti-
Watch.

Rides from his front door to the stop sign...about 100 yards...is clearly winded.

He looks at the camera, pulls the flask from under his bib...." I don't drink water often, but when I do, I only drink Fred."

I knew I should have gone into marketing :rolleyes:

Jason E
08-17-2010, 07:22 PM
:)