PDA

View Full Version : Help Request- Record 8sp OR or Road RD Owners

sean
08-17-2010, 02:15 AM
I recently purchased a used medium cage Record OR rear derailleur, 8sp circa '95. It was missing the adjusting barrel and spring. So I ordered what I thought was the correct part.

Come to find out that campy recycled the part number even though the actual part changed diameters over the years. Said part number is RD-RE014.

Can someone with an 8sp circa 1995 Record or Record O.R. rear derailleur measure the threaded part and tell me what the actual diameter is?

The one I ordered is approx 5mm across, not taking the flats into account. The threaded hole looks like it's 4mm or possibly 3.5.

Thanks in advance.

oldpotatoe
08-17-2010, 08:01 AM
I recently purchased a used medium cage Record OR rear derailleur, 8sp circa '95. It was missing the adjusting barrel and spring. So I ordered what I thought was the correct part.

Come to find out that campy recycled the part number even though the actual part changed diameters over the years. Said part number is RD-RE014.

Can someone with an 8sp circa 1995 Record or Record O.R. rear derailleur measure the threaded part and tell me what the actual diameter is?

The one I ordered is approx 5mm across, not taking the flats into account. The threaded hole looks like it's 4mm or possibly 3.5.

Thanks in advance.

That barrel adjuster is the same one used in older(about 4 years) Veloce and below rear derailleurs and they have a course threading when compared to those above it..PM me if you wish, I have them.

RD-AT-115 is the proper part number for what you need. Last found in Xenon in about 2006/7

There are DAYTONA part numbers also but that same as Record except for material and fine pitch, you need course pitch. And yes, the OD of the course pitch one is less than the fine pitch one..less than 4mm.