PDA

View Full Version : An Idea - Gadois Inspired

firerescuefin
08-16-2010, 10:13 PM
I was on a local training ride out in the country today and was thinking about Guy's post http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=77353 . The Pics and the topigraphical data provide great info for someone that would be travelling to the area, but would not necessarily know the rides or the intensity/difficulty of a particular ride. A lot of times the routes the "locals" know are better than the better publicized rides. I ride with a Garmin as do a lot of forum posters here.

Anyhow, how about a new tab (forum section) with a generic form describing the ride and a place for pics and computer data. I think there would be a lot of value added. I know a lot of people travel to Colorado and I would love to share info that may benefit them in their time out here.

Thoughts Anyone......Bueller...Bueller

MattTuck
08-17-2010, 12:57 PM
Since serotta indulges us and picks up the tab for this site, I think it is probably a bit much to ask them to do any custom work on the site.

I think a better solution might be to get a strava account, or mapmyride, or ride with GPS, and put a link THAT account in your signature line. Would probably be easier if the 60 character limit was relaxed.

firerescuefin
08-17-2010, 01:23 PM
I am familiar with the architecture of the site. Adding a new tab/section would not be difficult. A user (such as myself) could develop the form with input of users. Matt, your the only person that responded, so I am thinking that people weren't too hot on the suggestion. It was just a thought.

MattTuck
08-17-2010, 01:51 PM
Wasn't knocking the idea, hope it didn't come across that way.

As someone who is now living in Seattle for 6 months, I think getting GPS ride data could be VERY useful since I am unfamiliar with the local roads here.

My point was only that there are already a few sites specifically geared toward sharing ride information. It seems easier to use the work those sites have already done, and maybe just find a way to link to other forum members on those sites.

GuyGadois
08-20-2010, 04:27 PM
How about this?

http://www.strava.com/clubs/serotta-boards

You can upload and post ride reports on the Strava site. Anyone can view but there is an annual fee to upload. I love the site and feel the annual fee is worth it.

-GG-