PDA

View Full Version : Free PI Knee Warmers - Small Legs Need Not Apply

keno
04-12-2005, 11:05 AM
A few months back, in response to a post by Dr. Doofus offering free knee warmers to the first person coming up with the name of a group singing a particular song I became the recipient of knee warmers courtesy of Dr. D. The first opportunity to use them came up a few days ago. About half a mile down the road, the suckers began to slip down my otherwise unslippery legs. After another try at hiking them up farther and having them slip again, I took them off and put them in my jacket pocket. I sent a note to Dr. D telling him of my experience and offering to send them back so he might send them along to another. He suggested that there might be someone on the forum who could put them to good use.

They are Pearl Izumis, pretty new (I put about 2,500 feet on them and I suspect the same for Dr. D), black, and marked L (but I have my doubts; they may have been marked on a Monday or Friday).

Any of you big-quad folks out there wanting them, email me at keno@blast.net and I'll send them out.

keno

Lifelover
04-12-2005, 11:22 AM
If no one else is interested. I sent an email

Dr. Doofus
04-12-2005, 11:29 AM
"L" in this case refers to girth, not length

found out the "M" Pearl knee warmers are just fine for doof (six one, 170)

scrooge
04-12-2005, 12:20 PM
Does that mean they're gone? I think I might just be girthy enough to handle them if Lifelover doesn't want them.

keno
04-12-2005, 01:30 PM
so unless he doesn't follow up with an address, which I expect he will, they are spoken for. Thanks,

keno

vandeda
04-12-2005, 04:51 PM
Keno,

I'm 5'3" with small legs .... will they work ok?!?! Let me know ... thanks

;)

Dan

yeehawfactor
04-12-2005, 05:45 PM
i wish to inform the doof that large pi knee warmers are the perfect size for my tremendously powerful and visually pleasing legs. however i have a pair of sugoi warmers that i fancy, so i do not want these.

keno
04-12-2005, 07:03 PM
in your case they might as tube tops.

keno

SPOKE
04-12-2005, 07:09 PM
Keno,
i just want to know why you didn't just stretch one over both legs together??
video of you trying to ride a bike that way just might get you 15 minutes of shame on America's Funniest Videos :p

shaq-d
04-13-2005, 02:52 AM
just out of curiousity, why knee warmers? i like leg warmers..keep me warm and they feel good. knee warmers look kinda silly to me.. don't really wanna look any siller than i already am...

sd

cs124
04-14-2005, 02:16 AM
just out of curiousity, why knee warmers?
sd

Knee warmers suit the climate here in Melbourne, particularly at this time of year.

Spring & Autumn, 10-12 degC when I set off at 6.30am, warming up to low 20's by 9am. Knee warmers, arm warmers, knicks, jersey and undershirt. Arms & knees come off at about 8am.

Summer, knicks & jersey

Winter, knicks, full length tights, undershirt, 2 jerseys, arm warmers, wind stopper & neoprene toe covers.

Bruce H.
04-14-2005, 06:49 AM
I had the same problem with my leg warmers several years ago. My Leukemia society coach recommended bringing my shorts over the warmers instead of the warmers over the shorts and voila, problem solved. Just a suggestion.
Bruce H