PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick a decal color for wife's new Ellis

SamIAm
08-16-2010, 11:22 AM
My wife's Ellis is in paint. She definitely wants a pink bike, but is having trouble picking the right color for the decal on the down tube. Dave's painter doesn't use decals per se, so any color is doable.

Neither my wife or I are very gifted in seeing things that aren't there. She was thinking basic black, but then Dave's painter send back the attached sample.

A couple of questions. Can anyone, take the attached picture and change the decal color to black. My skills are quite limited in this area.

And of course, other ideas for a different color all together are welcome.

Thanks.

nahtnoj
08-16-2010, 11:32 AM
What are you building the frame with - group, wheel color, etc.

I think pink/black would be a little harsh - if you are looking for a strong contrast perhaps try a medium blue.

acorn_user
08-16-2010, 11:35 AM
Sorry I can't help with teh photoshop. How about silver or white?

vqdriver
08-16-2010, 12:06 PM
white with black outline stands out nicely

dekindy
08-16-2010, 12:09 PM
You can use the Serotta paint program. Select solid color and the first option is cancer pink. That was under the legend model. Purple looks good imho. White and blue would also be excellent options.

buck-50
08-16-2010, 12:29 PM
Here you go- tried to keep some of the metallic, so it doesn't look 100% black, but it gives you a better idea of what the pearl/metallic will look like.

http://i37.tinypic.com/whz5ef.jpg

victoryfactory
08-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Maybe charcoal gray would be nice?

I actually like the red

VF

Karin Kirk
08-16-2010, 01:06 PM
Pink and black tends to look like those Good-n-Plenty candies.
My suggestion would be silver. I like the red/dark pink that is pictured here too.

buck-50
08-16-2010, 01:13 PM
Maybe charcoal gray would be nice?

I actually like the red

VF
Agreed- you want to be careful with a light color, too much contrast and the type just dominates when you're looking at it.

Think yellow and black road signs...

if it wuz me, (and since it's custom for yer wife, it isn't) I'd go white for the letters.

John M
08-16-2010, 01:15 PM
white with black outline stands out nicely

+1. This looks very nice with just enough of a pencil thin black outline to offset the white from the pink background.

Maybe consider a lighter shade of pink decals than the main color. This beautiful pink bike was featured in the 2009 IF catalog and has light pink logos. Very nice and understated:

SamIAm
08-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Here you go- tried to keep some of the metallic, so it doesn't look 100% black, but it gives you a better idea of what the pearl/metallic will look like.

http://i37.tinypic.com/whz5ef.jpg

Thank you very much sir.

rphetteplace
08-16-2010, 01:24 PM
I don't like either the red or the black. Pink and black don't look good together imho. The red also appears to be metallic, while the pink is not. I always split hairs on this and think you should be all metallic or not. How about something in a fuschia or darker/richer shade of pink. A lipstick red would be hot also.

Ozz
08-16-2010, 01:37 PM
Ouch...apologies to our hosts....but some things should have stayed in the '80's.

OtayBW
08-16-2010, 02:11 PM
You can use the Serotta paint program. Select solid color and the first option is cancer pink.... :confused:

Carry on...

dekindy
08-16-2010, 02:48 PM
:confused:

Carry on...

Reviewed again, actually it is "breast cancer pink". I am not making this up!

palincss
08-16-2010, 02:49 PM
I think that red on pink sample looks lovely.

Pete Serotta
08-16-2010, 02:53 PM
Pink and black tends to look like those Good-n-Plenty candies.
My suggestion would be silver. I like the red/dark pink that is pictured here too.
:banana: :banana:

I am never good on these but Karin and others are right on for a long term like of colors and how they workout. The other one I go with is DAVID KIRK and my Kirk after 3 years is still a WOW!!!

PETE