PDA

View Full Version : Campy Eurus Rebuild

Larry
08-15-2010, 05:12 PM
Well..... I T'boned a curb on a night ride a while back. I was riding slowly on the trail near the house. I did tip over and chewed up my left knee. I looked around to make sure no one was watching!

The front rim was knocked way out of true, and I made a trip to the shop.
Well....it's not going to be really true ever again. I put a pretty good gouge on the rim.

Has anyone on the Forum had a replacement Eurus rim re-built, and are you satisfied with the outcome? At this time I am checking out the cost of the rebuild with new rim...... spokes and hub are fine. Perhaps it would be best just to replace the entire wheel.
Any thoughts or experiences are appreciated.

Larry...... 106 degrees here today :beer: :beer: :beer:

vqdriver
08-15-2010, 06:00 PM
did this earlier in the year, but to the rear.
thread here http://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum/f2/so-i-got-my-rebuilt-campy-eurus-today-13745.html

to answer your question, it turned out fine. rides like it should and is holding up very well. being the rear wheel, the replacement (at retail price) was 550-600 for the wheel vs 250 to reuse the spoke and nipples. if i had to replace the spokes, it would have been another 220 and i woulda just scrapped the wheel.

steampunk
08-15-2010, 09:05 PM
had the same experience on my rear as vqdriver. a new rim is pricey, but still beats a new wheel.

Larry
08-16-2010, 03:11 PM
Update......

$275.00 for the rim, and a minimum of $50.00 for the repair.
Does anyone know where a new front wheel can be bought new?
I only need the front.

Pete Serotta
08-16-2010, 03:18 PM
But most shops can do this thru SECURITY or maybe QBT if they have them in stock. (HOLLY is another that is in SC) Where do you live and maybe someone on the forum can recommend a shop close to you.

Good luck and I hope you heal quickly. PETE

Update......

$275.00 for the rim, and a minimum of $50.00 for the repair.
Does anyone know where a new front wheel can be bought new?
I only need the front.

Idris Icabod
08-16-2010, 05:33 PM
Texas Cycle Sport sells individual wheels:

http://www.texascyclesport.com/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=4418

You should sign up for their e-mail specials as they often have pretty decent discounts. Front wheel is $465.