PDA

View Full Version : Levi sets new course record at Leadville 100

weisan
08-14-2010, 07:04 PM
Levi Leiphiemer crossing the line at Leadville 100 : sets a new course record of 6:16:37 beating Lance's course record of 6:28:30 set last year.

Video:
http://www.steephill.tv/players/youtube/?title=leadville-100-2010-Levi-crossing-the-line&id=V3msXCVflPI&w=640&h=380

gearguywb
08-14-2010, 07:16 PM
Nice!

fjaws
08-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Title is just a BIT of a spoiler.....no? :no:

firerescuefin
08-14-2010, 07:22 PM
No raceday coverage on TV or Webcast...so probably not a spoiler...no :no:

Chris
08-14-2010, 07:39 PM
He just lost his position on Radio Shack.

weisan
08-14-2010, 07:42 PM
Title is just a BIT of a spoiler.....no? :no:
Oops! jaws-pal, I live vicariously under your sharp teeth...er, I mean, sharp observation. I almost forgot about that, thanks for the reminder, I will be more careful next time.

fire-pal, thanks for coming to my defense. :p

fjaws
08-14-2010, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the consideration.

firerescuefin
08-14-2010, 08:16 PM
And Levi actually rode his own race. No Trek ringers needed to blow up the entire field. Tip of the hat to Levi. That's flyin. Tip of the hat to Weins (4th). Not bad for a 45 Y/O part time MTBer

rinconryder
08-14-2010, 08:37 PM
does anyone know what he was riding? F/S 26 or 29 hard tail?

fjaws
08-14-2010, 08:43 PM
F/S 26"

http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c71692/media/image/201008/phphXEryHlevisbike.jpg

rinconryder
08-14-2010, 10:40 PM
yep...there was an interesting mix of bikes in the top five. JHK was on a hardtail 29er, Wells was on a F/S 29er, I suspect Wells was riding a hardtail 26 although I haven't seen any photos to confirm that. All four styles represented!

On another note I am a little down on the number of pros taking over this race...this is supposed to be the limelight race for the amateur and here you have all these pros who have essentially taken it over. Of course someone who all they do is ride, or even better - come off of the Tour, are going to destroy someone who works a day job and trains when they can - hell, that is even harder in my opinion.

Pros have no business being in this race - piss off and go ride your races ATMO. This is the common man's race and it should stay that way.

F/S 26"

http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c71692/media/image/201008/phphXEryHlevisbike.jpg

fogrider
08-15-2010, 12:02 AM
yeah, I agree that this shouldn't be a pro event and give the common man a chance to shine. on the flip side, the pros have brought a lot more attention to the race. maybe they should handicap the pros...that way anyone can win.

as for levi winning, well considering that Lance won with a flat tire and riding miles on it, it shouldn't be too surprising.

1happygirl
08-15-2010, 12:05 AM
+10 On the pros not riding or maybe giving them a separate category.

Levi still had some juice in his bottle left over from 2003!

Amateur races/ers aren't tested ;)

Was pullin' for homeboy, JHK

Dekonick
08-15-2010, 04:48 PM
yep...there was an interesting mix of bikes in the top five. JHK was on a hardtail 29er, Wells was on a F/S 29er, I suspect Wells was riding a hardtail 26 although I haven't seen any photos to confirm that. All four styles represented!

On another note I am a little down on the number of pros taking over this race...this is supposed to be the limelight race for the amateur and here you have all these pros who have essentially taken it over. Of course someone who all they do is ride, or even better - come off of the Tour, are going to destroy someone who works a day job and trains when they can - hell, that is even harder in my opinion.

Pros have no business being in this race - piss off and go ride your races ATMO. This is the common man's race and it should stay that way.

Agree 100% :beer:

BumbleBeeDave
08-15-2010, 04:51 PM

Agree 100%.

BBD

gdw
08-15-2010, 05:07 PM
I agree with you guys but unfortunately the Leadville races were sold to Life Time Fitness before this years race and they aren't a nonprofit. Expect to see more hype, more pros, and higher race fees next year.

rwsaunders
08-15-2010, 08:02 PM

Call it a Pro/Am event like they do in golf and everyone's a winner in their own division. Look at the Olympics...people wouldn't watch it if the pros didn't compete, or should I say the advertisement money wouldn't roll in. Having pros in the field certainly helps promote the event to the public, which generates sponsorship, so we have to deal with it.

Likes2ridefar
08-16-2010, 04:38 PM
A few of the road races I've done this year have had pros from various levels. one had a protour racer.

Personally I thought it was great being able to ride and race against them.

ckamp
08-16-2010, 06:12 PM
Lance would of had a better time if he could of fixed that flat..

crossjunkee
08-16-2010, 08:11 PM
Don't forget Deadly Nedley, he was up there too. He gave Wells a wheel and limped to the aid station. I'm sure he could've finished better with his own wheel.

27 OVEREND, Ned 54 DURANGO CO – 7:56:39.4