PDA

View Full Version : ProTour in Canada: anyone going?

torquer
08-12-2010, 10:51 AM
VeloNews is starting with the stories about which riders are coming (like Ryder) and which ain't (like Cadel) to the races in Quebec City (not Toronto) and Montreal next month.

I'm thinking about a long weekend mini-vacation to watch at least one event. Any thoughts on which one will be the better event? Any locals with any advice about where to watch, where to stay, where to eat? (Where to ride, even?)

veggieburger
08-12-2010, 11:00 AM
I can't seem to find any info about the Toronto race. Do you know when it is taking place?

TMB
08-12-2010, 11:08 AM
A choice between Toronto and Montreal in september?

Montreal.

Apart from the racing it is a wonderful city with great things to see and wonderful food to eat.

vjp
08-12-2010, 11:30 AM
I can't seem to find any info about the Toronto race. Do you know when it is taking place?

The races are in Quebec City and Montreal

vjp

torquer
08-12-2010, 12:12 PM
The races are in Quebec City and Montreal

vjp
Doh!
And I make fun of the wife for being geographicly challenged!

oldguy00
08-12-2010, 12:40 PM
As far as places to visit, I'd personally choose Toronto over the other two!
But yeah, the races are Montreal and Quebec.
I've never seen the Quebec course, but I saw the Montreal race in the early 90's. It is a great course to watch on. You can watch the riders suffer on the Mt Royal hill, then run around to a different part of the course.
If you saw the world championships in Hamilton, it was kind of like that, a very spectator friendly course.

pdonk
08-12-2010, 01:39 PM
If anyone here is interested in a VIP experience for the montreal event, please contact the Canadian cycling Association. They are offering rides in race vehicles, receptions and the like in support of development racing in Canada. PM me for details.

It sounds like there is confusion about the Toronto GP being the following weekend. http://queensparkgp.com