PDA

View Full Version : Campy Grease

45K10
08-10-2010, 01:47 PM
Does anyone have any opinions about Campy lithium grease? The best price I have been able to find is around $35.00 for 100ml.,that seems a little pricey. Is it worth it or is a standard lithium based grease comparable to the Campy stuff.

Dave
08-10-2010, 02:55 PM
I'm using Mystik No. 2 from WalMart. About $2 for a 14 ounce grease gun tube. It transparent, no color.

http://www.mystiklubricants.com/do/product/GREASES/665006002

AngryScientist
08-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Does anyone have any opinions about Campy lithium grease? The best price I have been able to find is around $35.00 for 100ml.,that seems a little pricey. Is it worth it or is a standard lithium based grease comparable to the Campy stuff.

standard lithium grease will do the job just fine. what specific application are you wondering about??

Mr. Squirrel
08-10-2010, 03:14 PM

nuts by $32.00. i do very much like their wheels. do you own any?

mr. squirrel

Ralph
08-10-2010, 03:25 PM
I really like the Finish Line white synthetic bicycle grease. OK for home use, probably too expensive ($8 per tube) for shop use. I think Campy pretty ordinary white lithium grease.

Nathanrtaylor
08-10-2010, 10:38 PM
four posts in and no jokes about Shimano compatibility?

45K10
08-11-2010, 06:56 AM
standard lithium grease will do the job just fine. what specific application are you wondering about??

The main application I would use it for is rebuilding the ergo shifters. I live in Florida and my sweat does a number on the shifters. I rebuilt the shifters back in January just before race season and I rebuilt them again yesterday. I used "Whisper White" grease the last time but it seemed to lose it's lubricity fairly quickly so I went back to a generic lithium grease I have laying around.

oldpotatoe
08-11-2010, 08:06 AM
The main application I would use it for is rebuilding the ergo shifters. I live in Florida and my sweat does a number on the shifters. I rebuilt the shifters back in January just before race season and I rebuilt them again yesterday. I used "Whisper White" grease the last time but it seemed to lose it's lubricity fairly quickly so I went back to a generic lithium grease I have laying around.

Grease is 'oil in soap', use any grease, making sure it's petroleum based not soy or water based.

cinema
08-11-2010, 09:54 AM
No, it's not worth it :)

bfd
08-11-2010, 11:13 AM
In the old days, some considered Pennzoil 705 white grease to be the same thing. The consistency, smell and color was very close if not same.

If you can find it, check it out:

http://www.pennzoil.com/#/greases-and-lubricants/pennzoil-multi-purpose-705-white-grease

Good Luck!