PDA

View Full Version : +++ Crono Metro, Dealer in Madison,WI.ATTN Ottrott ST owners!!

BlackTiBob
08-10-2010, 10:54 AM
Is it ok to give kudos to a Serotta dealer?
Our club was on a bike trip from Mn to the Madison, WI and I made arrangements to ride their HSG as I'm thinking of a new addition to my Ottrott ST.

1. They had my bike, to put my Speedplays on the HSG, and I mentioned that I had been trying to correct a big problem ( head shake/wobble on big 40+ mph decents with a liitle curve and a little road chop/bumps). They (Colin) asked if my ST bearing had been replaced and I said they were hyped as life-long. New recommendation is they can wear and need replacement. Mine were worn and allowed rear wheel movement, causing the wobble. They had the parts in stock and the special tool needed to install. BINGO---now the bike is performing like it should.

Ottrott ST owners take note and check yours!!! I had dealers suggest it was all my technique/ it was my fault etc but now it's back to being a rocket on the downhills. +++ to Crono Metro.

2. Test ride compliment. I have never had a dealer be so thorough in setting up a bike for a test ride. Usually it's adjust saddle height and off you go. They set up the HSG with a Fizik saddle (similar to mine), a compact crank as I said my next bike might have one, and with all the elements almost exactly equal my bike.
If you are close to them, you may want to go see them about a bike or a fitting.
No affiliation, just impressed with their operation. :)
Bob in MN

P.S. Any Bombay Bike Club (Madison) folks on here? Thanks for hosting the Sunday ride.

buck-50
08-10-2010, 11:05 AM
Cronometro is an awesome shop.

I've had them build several sets of wheels and they've all been flawless.

thwart
08-10-2010, 12:07 PM
Yep---well known in the area as a great place.

And with the Madison bike scene and the other shops around, that's saying a lot.