PDA

View Full Version : I need a race gruppo

Dr. Doofus
04-11-2005, 03:38 PM
I'm a cat 4 racer looking to upgrade my parts. I'm currently using a mid-range gruppo but I want something with a little more passion and with pro performance...not like what these guys ride (http://www.flandersprocycling.com/bikes_en.htm)

christian
04-11-2005, 03:44 PM
You race, you gonna crash. I recommend Ultegra or maybe 105.

Oh, wait!!!! You wanted something with Soul!

Well, how about a PMP headset, crank, hubs and bottom bracket, Deda Alanera Squadra bar/stem, Mavic Mektronic shifters and derailleurs, and Zero Gravity brake calipers.

OTOH, you could just listen to a little Sam Cooke and race on Ultegra.

Funny, Dr. Doof!
- Christian

PaulE
04-11-2005, 03:48 PM
in a 172.5 may be available somewhere around here. :rolleyes:

Dr. Doofus
04-11-2005, 03:53 PM
its sobering to think that a bunch of hardass flandrians, two brits, one aussie, and one texan are duking it out with the Boonens and Hincapies of the world on gear that the average cat 3 would snort at as beneath him....this is another day at work (http://www.gregggermer.com/photos/2005_Belgium/slides/gp_lillers_crash.html)

saab2000
04-11-2005, 04:09 PM
Get Hyperons wheels. Otherwise you're just a poseur. Don't forget to ride around at all times with your helmet off and your cycling cap on forwards with the bill down real low.

Have fun man! :beer:

PS - That's Stella Artois in the beer mugs.
PPS - I am not trolling..... just havin' fun

Dr. Doofus
04-11-2005, 04:12 PM
if you come to rock hill/charlotte, doof will put on the ADAs...after fyudoor comes back from one of those Italian dope-like-the-pros camps....

flydhest
04-11-2005, 04:45 PM
is race gruppo the politically correct term for a gang?

Matt Barkley
04-11-2005, 05:01 PM
Campy Centaur. Grey, maybe. Passion, precision (like Record), everything is 10 now... yet - will work with 9 speed from the wheelvan... :beer: - Matt

Dr. Doofus
04-11-2005, 05:06 PM
seriously, now for the karate monkey...avid cantis, ritchey road bars and stem, thompson post, but what should doof do for hubs/crank/etc.

really juiced about this disgusting freak bike plan...just got to hide it from the wife

saab2000
04-11-2005, 05:11 PM
Record aluminum cranks can be had real cheap right now all over the place on the internet. Get one and forget about it forever. Chorus BBs are the way to go.

Get Record hubs. Laced to Velocity Aeroheads.The winner of Paris-Roubaix had handmade wheels. No fancy pants boutique wheels for that bad boy.

jerk
04-11-2005, 07:58 PM
you should get some *** stuff. it's really nice.
jerk