PDA

View Full Version : OT-HD Radio Tuners

Peter P.
08-08-2010, 07:54 AM
I know there are a lot of audiophiles on this forum, so I thought I'd post my question here, since I don't frequent any audio forums.

My 24 year old component tuner is crapping out and I'm considering replacing it with an HD Radio capable component tuner. Problem is, there are so few out there. It's either high end like MacIntosh, or nothing, and if HD Radio is available in car tuners, it can't be an expensive option.

Any recommendations? Who's making them?

P.S., Any suggestions on which audio forum I should post to?

SEABREEZE
08-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Check Out Audigon And Headfi.org

1happygirl
08-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Looked at these just recently to get better reception. From my understanding, (I went to Car something or other) the stations are primarily in bigger cities. The station has to broadcast in HD or it's meaningless. I was hoping to have clearer, better stuff in AM but now with my new-to-me vehicle I see its the new crappy antenna-in-the-window routine and for fm. Most stations now are simulcasting AM in FM now anyway.

Also not inexpensive I wanna add satellite and hd. From my understanding most of the major brands (pioneer/clarion/ etc) these are two SEPARATE add-on modules or you have to do one or the other.

www.hdradio.com

make sure your market has a station even. i travel to outlying areas and finally decided against hd. maybe for the house?

Ken Robb
08-09-2010, 10:19 AM
Peter, I sent you a PM.

Ralph
08-09-2010, 11:17 AM
I have a Satellite radio in my Honda Element, and I really like all the news (CNBC, CNN) and info stations available. Plus the old music. It is a 3 month trial. Now I have to decide if it's worth paying for. I wish HD had the same features and kinds of stations. In the Orlando area, they are 18 stations broadcasting HD on 35 frequencies. But just same old stuff as regular channels. A lot of Christian stuff I notice.