PDA

View Full Version : Peaks Coaching Group

keno
12-13-2003, 05:55 AM
Has anyone had any experience with the Peaks Coaching Group? In particular, they have week-long camps in April in Virginia that look interesting. Anyone else interested?

www.peakscoachinggroup.com

BTW, could someone tell me how the advertising rule is supposed to work. Have I done something in violation of the rules? I promise never to do it again if I remember.

keno

Too Tall
12-15-2003, 07:41 AM
My coach is Hunter Allen and can't say enough good about him. Busy guy. I know the area where they have these training camps...infact me and the wife have our own spring training camp in the same region. Nuttin' but hills as far as the eye can see. Hunter was with Navigators and is in good company with some of the best minds in the coaching business. Of note, if you are interested in training by monitoring watts than Hunter et al are some of the best.

keno
12-15-2003, 07:49 AM
Thanks. I wrote an email to their website and received a prompt reply from Don Russell, one of their coaches. I'm thinking of attending their easier camp, but I am not sure I am strong enough. I'm not a racer; just want to improve skills and up the average mph of my rides. I have beend "training" myself with watts and have noticed improvement, but my regimen is informal. I am not interested in becoming committed to the point of taking the fun out of riding.

I expect a reply from Don soon on my followup questions.

I'd be interested to know offline what kind of progress you've had with the training over the time you've been using it.

keno