PDA

View Full Version : OT: fantasy football?

rugbysecondrow
08-06-2010, 10:33 AM
Anybody interested in a Forum Fantasy football league? We did a march madness tourney and that was fun. If you are interested, reply and let's get this rolling. We have enough time until kick off.

Bear Down!

wooly
08-06-2010, 12:46 PM
This is all I need...

What type of draft, auto or manual? If it's auto I would be interested. I'm in two other leagues with live drafts and can't do another (wife, kids, work, bike, etc...)

fourflys
08-06-2010, 04:23 PM
I'd be in...

fourflys
08-10-2010, 05:23 PM
So, I went ahead and created a Yahoo league if anyone is interested...

please visit the link and pick your team name!

Yahoo Serotta Cycling Forum League (http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/tos?league_id=389889&password=serotta)

BTW- this is an auto draft... I've currently got the max number of teams set to 8, but we can add more if we need (in two's...) We have to have at least 4 teams to have a draft/league...

In case it's needed here is the league info: the ID# is 389889 and the Password is serotta

Chris

rugbysecondrow
08-10-2010, 07:16 PM
ThanKs, I will sign up shortly.

rugbysecondrow
08-20-2010, 08:52 PM
Registered and bumping this.

It is an autodraft and looks to be pretty good scoring settings, so I am looking forward to it.

For you guys who have never done a Fantasy Football learure, this is a good time to try as it is autodraft and not as time intensive as some others.

fourflys
08-20-2010, 10:16 PM
plus, I can tell you I'm not that good... so, you have decent chance!

kramnnim
08-21-2010, 07:08 AM
For you guys who have never done a Fantasy Football learure, this is a good time to try as it is autodraft and not as time intensive as some others.

This is my first attempt at FF, so I joined.

TimS
08-21-2010, 08:32 AM
Thanks for doing it. Look forward to the season. Need more folks!

fourflys
08-21-2010, 11:31 AM
thanks for joining all! We currently have enough to have a league IF no on else joins, but hopefully we get a few more people...

we need to do our autodraft before Sept. 8th to be sure and be able to play week 1...

I say we give this until Sept. 5th and see where we're at...

Chris

wooly
08-21-2010, 11:37 AM
"Team Wooly" is in!

fourflys
08-21-2010, 11:40 AM
"Team Wooly" is in!

cool, we need at least one more to make an even number...

Wooly, where in SoCal are you?

rugbysecondrow
08-22-2010, 07:38 AM
5 teams so far. Certainly there are at least three more people who could participate. Don't worry, we won't tell your cycling buddies ;)

fourflys
08-22-2010, 01:04 PM
5 teams so far. Certainly there are at least three more people who could participate. Don't worry, we won't tell your cycling buddies ;)

BTW- if we get more than 8 people, I can always up the max teams... we just to be sure we have an even number...

zray67
08-22-2010, 05:17 PM
I've never did this before so would answer the following questions?

What is auto draft?
How much to join?

Also, if you would give me a little bit of information on how fantasy
football works.

Do leave it open till end of August at least. I'm very busy and might not
get back soon.

Thanks,
Raymond

fourflys
08-22-2010, 05:45 PM
I've never did this before so would answer the following questions?

What is auto draft?
How much to join?

Also, if you would give me a little bit of information on how fantasy
football works.

Do leave it open till end of August at least. I'm very busy and might not
get back soon.

Thanks,
Raymond

Raymond,
autodraft means you don't have to be present during the draft, you can pre-rank your picks or just use the yahoo pre-rankings...

there is no charge, you just have to have a yahoo account (free as well...)

with fantasy football, you go in every week before the first game and pick your starting lineup of who you think will earn you the most points that week (certain positions get certain amount of points for things)... you play head to head with another team and whomever has the most points at the end of the week wins... eventually, there will be a playoff for bragging rights...

this league is pretty intuitive and easy to learn... and again, this is just for fun so give it a try!

Chris

wooly
08-22-2010, 07:32 PM
cool, we need at least one more to make an even number...

Wooly, where in SoCal are you?

In Orange County (Newport Beach). Where in San Diego are you?

fourflys
08-22-2010, 10:17 PM
In Orange County (Newport Beach). Where in San Diego are you?

North County/Poway Area... I get up there every now and then, might have to have a cup...

wooly
08-23-2010, 02:57 PM
Ahh yes, that or a mug. Shoot me a PM the next time you plan a trip up this way.

zray67
08-23-2010, 05:39 PM
Chris,
I joined the league on Yahoo. Tell me if you require something else. Also, thank you for going to the trouble in setting it up. :)
Raymond

fourflys
08-26-2010, 11:57 AM
bump to see if anyone else is interested... we've got about another week until I need to close the league to be able to draft...

Chris

roydyates
08-26-2010, 12:10 PM
I'm in as #7. Now we need one more to make an even number. Should be fun :)

roydyates
08-26-2010, 12:15 PM
I think 8 players is good and maybe 10 players is better, but 12 or more is worse.

It occurs to me that one reason for me to play is that maybe we can keep an active thread here and I can build my meager post count. :) I spend a lot of time reading serotta forum, but usually anything I might add to a thread gets said before I get to it.

fourflys
08-26-2010, 12:23 PM
welcome! the # of teams is currently capped at 8, however I can change that if needed...

but, I agree, you get too many and it gets hard to follow...

Chris

wooly
08-26-2010, 01:35 PM
8-10 teams is perfect. It allows enough free agents to make the season fun. ....Are you ready for some...

rugbysecondrow
09-03-2010, 06:45 AM
I am stoked about this and excited for football to get started. Since we have everybody signed up, we have all the pre-season games over, how about we go ahead and do the autodraft. That will give more time to get rosters set, give us all time to think about how totally awesome our teams are and any pre-season trades that need to take place before the season. Thoughts...

By the way, my team name is "Taint That Bad" in case you are wondering...I will be the one in first place. :)

Cheers

TimS
09-03-2010, 07:09 AM
Anytime you want to draft I'm game. Thanks for doing this

tuxbailey
09-03-2010, 07:22 AM
Room for one more? I did a live draft last week and it was exhausting. BTW, is this a friendly game for bragging rights or are prizes involved?

Edit: just saw that the league is full. Never mind, good luck to all.

rugbysecondrow
09-03-2010, 07:39 AM
Room for one more? I did a live draft last week and it was exhausting. BTW, is this a friendly game for bragging rights or are prizes involved?

Edit: just saw that the league is full. Never mind, good luck to all.

Four Flys can speak up, but I am good with 10 teams if we can find a tenth (you would be 9th).

tuxbailey
09-03-2010, 08:45 AM
Four Flys can speak up, but I am good with 10 teams if we can find a tenth (you would be 9th).

No problem. If you guys are adding another team before this weekend shoot me a PM or email.

Thanks,

-Johnny

rugbysecondrow
09-12-2010, 10:05 AM
Just to let you all know, my fantasy dominance will begin today, FYI.

wooly
09-12-2010, 11:08 AM
Ahhemm. I think not! :D

Good luck

fourflys
09-12-2010, 03:35 PM

I just saw this... sorry guys...

fourflys
09-12-2010, 03:36 PM

I guess we'll see about that... ;)

rugbysecondrow
09-14-2010, 10:19 AM
I guess we'll see about that... ;)

Looks like we are the big scoring leaders this week.

Sorry Mr. Tuck...somebody had to go down, way to take your medicine. :)

fourflys
09-14-2010, 10:55 AM
Let it be known right here and right now.... I OWN all off you!

roydyates
09-14-2010, 07:43 PM
Let it be known right here and right now.... I OWN all off you!

Fourflys, weren't you a beginner at the start of this thread? You stomped on me! :)

I thought my team was very good, but apparently not good enough ... at least this week.

Fortunately ... or maybe not, it's a long season.

...Roy

MattTuck
09-14-2010, 09:44 PM
Looks like we are the big scoring leaders this week.

Sorry Mr. Tuck...somebody had to go down, way to take your medicine. :)

You're talking to a guy who auto-drafted and made no changes to the roster for week 1. Also, never done fantasy football before.

I'm learning more about it though, and making some appropriate changes. If we meet again, don't count on me rolling over so easily.

kramnnim
09-14-2010, 10:17 PM
I probably would've been better off if I'd have auto drafted...lol.

MattTuck
09-21-2010, 10:25 AM
Redeemed!! 1-1-0.

As they say in the Bud commercials, "oh, it's on!"

rugbysecondrow
09-21-2010, 11:06 AM
Its on alright...on the top of the leaderboard!

2-0 baby,

rugbysecondrow
09-23-2010, 08:34 PM
It pays to watch the waiver...I look forward to welcoming my new additions this weekend.

rugbysecondrow
12-29-2010, 10:05 PM

We are now in the championship game of the Forum Fantasy Football League.

Team Wooly and I (team Taint That Bad) are the final two standing.

Congrats all and best of luck Wooly Team, it is going to be an interesting weekend.

fourflys
12-30-2010, 09:51 AM
We are now in the championship game of the Forum Fantasy Football League.

Team Wooly and I (team Taint That Bad) are the final two standing.

Congrats all and best of luck Wooly Team, it is going to be an interesting weekend.

great season all, thanks for playing!

wooly
12-30-2010, 01:13 PM
Hey there! It has been an enjoyable season and I'm not just saying that because I'm in the finals.. :D .

Thanks for putting this together and best of luck to Taint!

Wooly

rugbysecondrow
01-02-2011, 05:07 PM
Its going to be close. You got screwed by Philly not starting their players, especially McCoy.

As for my team, I am a Bears fan and I despise the Packers. I hope Greg Jennings gets shut out even if that means I lose to you. The only redeeming things about the Packers is that they are not the Vikings.

kramnnim
01-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Bah, I was so close to winning last week...should've benched Hillis. Would've beaten you this week, Wooly! Ah well...maybe next year! :)

wooly
01-02-2011, 07:27 PM
Phili totally screwed me :crap: Steven Jackson better not pull out a career game tonight! Good luck!

rugbysecondrow
01-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Phili totally screwed me :crap: Steven Jackson better not pull out a career game tonight! Good luck!
I ran into that also with DeSean Jackson and Wes Welker being out too. The last game of the year is a crap shoot sometimes.

It is possible. I bet STL gives Jackson the rock a good bit during the game.