PDA

View Full Version : Ipod in back of jersey while riding - need protection?

rinconryder
08-04-2010, 12:10 AM
Not looking to start a debate over riding with tunes or not....I ride with music.

I just switched from a shuffle to an Ipod and was wondering if I need to put it in a protective case. I have destroyed a couple of blackberries from the moisture in my jersey pocket and was wondering if anyone had the same type of issue with an ipod stuffed into the jersey pocket? Thanks.

Blue Jays
08-04-2010, 12:13 AM
Yes.

firerescuefin
08-04-2010, 12:14 AM
Its ghetto and cheap, but a ziploc closed about 98% works well....if your into that sort of thing.

Pete Serotta
08-04-2010, 12:15 AM
I use a ZIP LOCK baggie to protect them and cell phone. I sweat like a pig and NC is humid - this solution has worked for me for a few years. I also keep my point and shoot canon in a bag like this.

PETE

Peter B
08-04-2010, 12:25 AM
I've been riding for years in Norcal summer heat with a Nano in my jersey pocket without incident. If you're a heavy sweater or worried then either slot it behind something else in your pocket or use a ziploc bag.

93legendti
08-04-2010, 07:18 AM
I started a thread on water proof cases for my iphone a few months ago. The Jersey Bin is good, Seal Line is the best.

tele
08-04-2010, 08:00 AM
i have used a plastic silicone type cover for my nano for years now--never had a problem. got it off ebay for like a couple of bucks shipped from asia somewhere.

Britishbane
08-04-2010, 08:01 AM
Might want to give these guys a try: http://www.soulrun.com/Welcome.html

Dude is a member across the hall and can custom make what you're looking for.

Steve in SLO
08-04-2010, 09:11 AM
i have used a plastic silicone type cover for my nano for years now--never had a problem. got it off ebay for like a couple of bucks shipped from asia somewhere.

+1
For the point and shoot, I use a thin piece of flat plastic (think milk carton side) cut to fit in my jersey pocket and use it as a vapor barrier. That way I don't have to worry about dealing with a zip lock when I want to take a pic on the fly.

johnnymossville
08-04-2010, 09:15 AM
I use a zip-lock bag. Not very sexy, but it works.

gemship
08-04-2010, 09:22 AM
+1
For the point and shoot, I use a thin piece of flat plastic (think milk carton side) cut to fit in my jersey pocket and use it as a vapor barrier. That way I don't have to worry about dealing with a zip lock when I want to take a pic on the fly.

now I thought the ziplock was good and upon which I thought a more conventional plastic sandwich bag minus the zip feature even better for add flexibility but your idea sir is pure genius!

Charles M
08-04-2010, 09:26 AM
Zip Loc. and yo dont need to close it up... It just becomes a sweat proof pocket liner.

That said, I use a sport sleeve and clip and clip mine to the the hem of my shorts...

It just sits on the top of my thigh. I run the cord up through my kersey so no fuss. When I want to make any sort of adjustment, it's right there and if I want to do a pick, it's right there too...