PDA

View Full Version : H'Ors Cat at swap meet--again

Ken Robb
04-10-2005, 05:17 PM
San Diego Velodrome today-61x60 HC, burgundy and polish and I think F1 fork.--9 spd DA--Coda hubbed non-descript wheels, Serotta ti stem and 41!!!cm bars. No post or saddle. It has picked up some obvious scratches on the frame being schlepped from swap meet to swap meet. A year ago the seller wanted $2600 when it was much nicer with better wheels. Today he asked $1000. 61cm is a bit big for me. I considered buying it to sell to one of the gang but I really didn't want to be stuck with it.

Also still around since last year: very nice 60cm CSi with 9 spd DA, Open Pros. Last year $2500--now $2000. I tried to buy that one after the meet last year but couldn't get together w/seller on price.

The HC is owned by a swap meet pro so it may be coming to your neighborhood soon.

Tony Edwards
04-10-2005, 05:52 PM
Wow - that's close enough to my size that I'd have a hard time refraining from buying it. Probably just as well you didn't pick it up and offer it here!

Ken Robb
04-11-2005, 11:56 AM
well I should have known this deal would generate strong interest on this site. For those who sent me messages: I don't know the guy with the H'Ors for sale. He's Spanish-English speaker who has been at every SD Swap Meet for years with a big truck full of bikes and parts. He comes with several employees and apparently goes to many meets. The H'Ors had gained quite a few scratches since I saw it a year or six months ago.

If you contact the organizers at the SD Velodrome I'll bet they know how to contact the guy. While I'm sure I could have bought it for $900 he's the kind of guy who will probably want $1500 if you chase him down. :rolleyes: