PDA

View Full Version : PR on OLN

e-RICHIE
04-10-2005, 05:00 PM
i now fully realize why it's called COMMERCIAL tv.
quelle dommage*.
thanks for listening.
e-RICHIE

*french for what cheese

Bill Bove
04-10-2005, 06:41 PM
e-RICHIE snipped Quelle Dommage.

e-Richie-issamo, sir, without the chesse you don't got a cheeseburger.
Somebody has to pay for the airtime otherwise we would have been watching bullriding. And eating a plain old hamburger. Watch out e-RICHIE, the Wisconsin mafia is on your trail, never ever dis cheese.

But thanks for learnin' me a nifty new fernin saying.

pale scotsman
04-10-2005, 07:01 PM
Yep, that 2 hour commercial with some cycling mixed in was, uhhmmm... not too bad. The mechanic wrenching on the bike on top of the car, at full speed was tre cool.

Hell, today was my day off but after 2 cups of coffee, half a bag of blue corn tortillas and hot cheese dip the pale man hit his 12.3 mile hilly loop after the PR. Did it in 39 minutes which is 3 seconds slower than my personal best. Now I just may puke...

BTW Hincapie didn't look too bad, but that Boonen is a baaaaaddd mannnnnnn. :beer:

chrisroph
04-10-2005, 08:14 PM
I probably shouldn't admit it but I watched the masters; I'll tivo and watch pr when it is rebroadcast later this week. Boonen is a beast!

SMUGator
04-11-2005, 12:45 AM
You got it right with TiVo. I set it to record all "Bicycle Racing" and then watch (relatively) commercial free later in the day or week.

Elefantino
04-11-2005, 01:17 AM
Sure, there were a lot of commercials. But I am of the mind that I would rather watch some racing than none at all, however many times I have to sit through promos for the LIVE! coverage of the Boston Marathan.

I do not like the idea that OLN is cutting back on its non-TdF cycling coverage. Compared to three years ago, when we got all three grand tours (grands tour?) live, this year's coverage blows.

Not being able to see any cycling on TV would blow more.