PDA

View Full Version : Mavic Cosmic Carbon Pro Wheels and 11spd?

moondog-sparky
08-01-2010, 08:39 AM
straight to the point: i have a pair of '07 Mavic Cosmic Carbon Pro tubular wheels that are currently on my campy 10spd rig. i was fortunate enough to be able to get a new VXRS bike with SR11 and i'd like to switch the wheels over. however, my LBS insists it cannot be done and that the Mavic rep confirmed this.

i wanted to tap into the seemingly infinite wisdom here and see if anyone could make suggestions for getting this to work.

is this switch to 11spd possible, or just wishful thinking on my part? if not, i will have some pretty close to cherry wheels up for sale soon...

many thanks in advance to all those who chime in. (i posted this across the hall, as well)

oldguy00
08-01-2010, 11:07 AM
If you already have the 11 speed bike/kit, why not just try it?
I thought all freehubs that were campy 10 compatible would also work with 11.....who knows.
Give it a try. If the cassette goes on and tightens down OK, can't see why it wouldn't tune up..

oldguy00
08-01-2010, 11:09 AM
OK, googled it....maybe not so simple:

http://glorycycles.blogspot.com/2009/04/campagnolo-11-speed-and-mavic-wheels.html

oldpotatoe
08-02-2010, 07:54 AM
straight to the point: i have a pair of '07 Mavic Cosmic Carbon Pro tubular wheels that are currently on my campy 10spd rig. i was fortunate enough to be able to get a new VXRS bike with SR11 and i'd like to switch the wheels over. however, my LBS insists it cannot be done and that the Mavic rep confirmed this.

i wanted to tap into the seemingly infinite wisdom here and see if anyone could make suggestions for getting this to work.

is this switch to 11spd possible, or just wishful thinking on my part? if not, i will have some pretty close to cherry wheels up for sale soon...

many thanks in advance to all those who chime in. (i posted this across the hall, as well)

Same FTS hub as krysirium, yes? Should work but try it.