PDA

View Full Version : Headed to Marin County. Anyone in the area have an extra 55/56 cm bike to lend?

texbike
07-30-2010, 11:14 PM
It looks like I have a chance to spend a little time this coming week in Sausalito and would love to get a few rides in while there.

Does anyone in the area have an extra 55/56 cm bike that they'd be willing to lend to a fellow forumite for a few days? I'd be happy to return the favor if you make it to Austin next year for NAHBS 2011!

Also, I'd love to hear restaurant, ride, and cultural experience suggestions for the area. Are there any cool bike shops close by that do rentals as well?

Thanks in advance!

Texbike

Jack Brunk
07-30-2010, 11:35 PM
I'll ship one of mine to a local shop if that will help. Parlee, colnago or ble is available. Let me know.

texbike
07-31-2010, 06:53 AM
I'll ship one of mine to a local shop if that will help. Parlee, colnago or ble is available. Let me know.

Jack, thank you. That is an INCREDIBLY generous offer! However, I'm not wanting anyone to go through that much trouble as I could ship a bike out as well (if I wasn't too lazy to do so).

However, if you would like to ship the BLE to Austin for an extended test ride..... :)

Texbike

weisan
07-31-2010, 07:44 AM
However, if you would like to ship the BLE to Austin for an extended test ride..... :)

Texbike
And the Colnago to St. Louis for..... :D
Jack-pal, you are super-nice fella. ;)

weaponsgrade
07-31-2010, 08:15 PM
I ride a 52 so can't help you there, but here are my recommendations:
Routes: Take 1 north just past Stinson. Right onto Bolinas Fairfax Road. Right onto Ridgecrest. Then a left to East Peak. Turn around and enjoy the long descent on panoramic.
Shops: bicycle odyssey, above category
Eats: Fish

anomaly
07-31-2010, 11:07 PM
Tex, I don't have a bike for you at the moment but I will gladly lead you on a few of the best loops in the world.

pbjbike
07-31-2010, 11:21 PM

texbike
08-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Weapons, PBJ, and Anomaly,

Thanks for the suggestions. It's cold and foggy out here this morning which is definitely a nice change from Texas this time of year. I'm headed to Muir Woods for a bit of hiking today but will incorporate your suggestions over the next couple of days.

Anomaly, I'd love to get together with you for a ride if we can match schedules. I'll send you a pm to see what works for you.

The bike is taken care of. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions on things to see, places to eat, etc.

Thanks guys!

Texbike

54ny77
08-02-2010, 11:59 AM
beers at sam's post-ride in tiburon. :beer: