PDA

View Full Version : Time RXS pedals...

madbiker
04-10-2005, 10:47 AM
I bought the carbon (non-ti) version of these. Although they look very nice, and the cleat seems very good, I'm not all that impressed with them overall.

1. They don't position themselves correctly for entry, you have to kick them over into position. Even after several rides (they aren't working in, in that way).

2. The rotation, while plentiful, is not very free floating. If I want to 'rotate' my feet, I have to actually try to move my foot. A lot of friction there, doesn't feel like they allow for a 'natural' rotation.

3. I've pulled out of them 3 times. The release seems too easy.

I've previously used speedplay and Look pedals...
I'm either going to try the newer shimanos, or go back to speedplay....

Anyone else have similar experience with the new time pedals??

saab2000
04-10-2005, 10:57 AM
I still like my Impacts. Thanks for the review, though. I do occasionally consider the newer Times.

David Kirk
04-10-2005, 11:06 AM
I just got the new Times and have had no trouble in the 3 rides I've had them out on. Smooth float and easy entry.

Any chance that the shape of the shoe's sole is distorting the cleat when tightened onto the shoe? If the shoe has too much or not enough curve it will cause issues.

Dave

jrm
04-10-2005, 06:10 PM
Just got a pair and like very them. Much easier to get into than other versions of time and the weight can be felt. I have ridden times only on my road bike but have used other manf. on my mount. bike and have gone to times on that as well .
Are you sure you have them installed properly? You can cant the cleat one way or the other up to 5 deg for different feels of release? and you can move them in or out according to how you mount the cleat? If you have checked the instructions and they still don't work there is always ebay. See ya John. :banana:

sspielman
04-11-2005, 06:30 AM
I have several pairs of the RXS pedals now and have about a total of 1000 miles on them (combined). The seals on *some* pedals do seem a bit tight. This combined with the very light weight sometimes prevents the pedals from dropping back to allow for easy entry. It does improve with some break-in time. I have had no problems with unintentional release. Overall, I am imressed with their function and I really like the surface area...especially for such a light pedal.