PDA

View Full Version : bike rental/want to lend me in Alpharetta, GA

deechee
07-28-2010, 09:45 AM
So I'm going to be in Alpharetta next week, and was wondering where I can rent a road bike. I definitely want to ride Brasstown Bald, but the thought of having to carry my bike through numerous stop-overs doesn't appeal to me :)

ps. I ride a 52cm top tube...

LegendRider
07-28-2010, 10:26 AM
So I'm going to be in Alpharetta next week, and was wondering where I can rent a road bike. I definitely want to ride Brasstown Bald, but the thought of having to carry my bike through numerous stop-overs doesn't appeal to me :)

ps. I ride a 52cm top tube...

Check with Free Flite and Atlanta Cycling - both shops rent bikes.

Jim Braley
07-28-2010, 07:36 PM
Roswell Bikes also rents bikes and they are close to you in Alpharetta. Weather has been brutally hot here so if you do Brasstown start early and keep very well hydrated.

LegendRider
07-29-2010, 07:19 AM
I find Brasstown to be a major struggle in 39x27. A compact (34x28) or triple is advisable...

Hawker
07-29-2010, 09:41 AM
You do realize that Brasstown is a long way from Alpharetta right?

However, if you have a car then it certainly is a worthwhile trip and from Alpharetta will probably take you the better part of two hours. However it is a nice drive and the N. GA. mountains "might" be a tad cooler than Atlanta...at least in the shade. Suggest you take 400 north into Dahlonega and make a brief stop at Dahlonega Wheelworks. They will be happy to fill you in on the riding options around Brasstown Bald. http://www.wheelworksga.com/

Get all the low gear you can find for your ride up Brasstown.....you will need it.
:)

deechee
07-29-2010, 03:55 PM
Thanks everyone.
Looking up some of the stores the rental rates range from 75-99$/day so I'm not sure what I want to do right now :)

At that rate, I guess I should look around craigslist or something...

And yeah, I'll have a rental car :) I don't need to be trapped in the vicinity of work.