PDA

View Full Version : Endorphin Post

Too Tall
01-27-2004, 07:10 AM
OK, I'm tanked up on endorphins this morning. Went to bed last night knowing the local forecast called for freezing rain and snow...ontop of the 4-6" of fresh snow we just got. Me thinking, I'm riding my bike to work just becuase I can. wink wink.

The ride in is about 20 miles mostly through a 2 lane park. I arrived this morning crusted in ice, happy and feeling accomplished. Basically, I am "idiot proof" for the day eg. nobody can get to me in my happy little world.

Here's to a steady job, good cloths and studded tires.

Life is good folks. We live a great lifestyle.

Tom
01-27-2004, 07:39 AM
If I proposed to High Command that I ride in today I think she'd hit me over the head with a skillet for my own protection.

Instead I rode up the Col de Madeleine, vicariously.

You're right. Life is good.

Johny
01-27-2004, 10:34 AM
Hey Too tall,

20 miles! You are my hero...

I received the Nokian Extreme 296 tires last Friday but have not got the chance to use them yet. Basically my 2 months old boy just starts his daycare, so my wife and I are learning how to live a new lifestyle and schedule (I really want to bike but I have to take care of my son's transportation for now...). Another problem is that snow is almost everywhere, so I dunno how to break in my new tires. :(

Life is still great though (my son is very cute) :)

bags27
01-27-2004, 11:35 AM
Too Tall, you are awesome. A doctor/marathoner friend told me recently that the whole endorphin thing is now deeply suspect, but you should feel great whatever the reason!