PDA

View Full Version : Campagnolo 11 speed cable kits

anomaly
07-27-2010, 11:05 AM
I've been searching the typical UK sites (ribble/total/shinybikes) for a Campy 11 speed cable kit and while I can find Ultrashift cable kits they don't specify if they are 10 or 11 speed. Does anyone know which site ships which cable kit?

cinema
07-27-2010, 11:12 AM
believe they are the same across grouppos

anomaly
07-27-2010, 11:33 AM
believe they are the same across grouppos
From Competitive Cyclist...
"But all of that tech stuff pales in comparison to this one nugget. You need this 11-speed cable kit because of a unique outside diameter to the shift cable housing. It is 4.1mm. And the housing fits directly into the lever body, so matching this size is essential. Likewise, so is matching the Campagnolo shift cable diameter and cable end shape. Put the wrong cable in the shifter, choose the wrong shape, and you'll be drilling to get that cable end out when it comes time to replace the shift cables. Use 11 speed cables and housing with 11 speed levers. Use 10 speed cables and housing with 10 speed levers. Do not go vice-versa!"

oliver1850
07-27-2010, 12:04 PM

Dave
07-27-2010, 02:42 PM
All ultrashift cables kits are the same, but you must know that the kit is truly ultrashift, which has the 4.1mm ultra low friction cables.

Any 4mm cable housing will also fit just fine, but not all may have low enough friction. I've had good luck with Shimano housing. It's only the RD cable that is critical. The FD cable housing can be any brand in 4mm.

CC is full of baloney about using the wrong housing. You couldn't get it to fit into an ultrashift ergo body and if you pushed it in, you can certainly pull it out.

oldpotatoe
07-28-2010, 08:13 AM
I've been searching the typical UK sites (ribble/total/shinybikes) for a Campy 11 speed cable kit and while I can find Ultrashift cable kits they don't specify if they are 10 or 11 speed. Does anyone know which site ships which cable kit?

ALL Campagnolo cable kits are 'Ultra'(4mm der housing) now and can be used for 10s or 11s BUT if ya have non Ultra levers(older shape, 2008 and older) just use 5mm der and brake housing and appropriate inner wires rather than the 4mm Ultra stuff. BUT 5mm not work on Ultra shifters, unfortunately.

blschaefer1
07-28-2010, 09:27 AM
FYI, Licktons (www.lickbike.com) has the Campy ER-600 cable sets for 11 speed for $44.95:

http://www.lickbike.com/productpage.aspx?PART_NUM_SUB='1517-00'

They also have the older ER-500 sets for $38.88. FWIW, they say the older set is specifically for 2008 and older 10 speed setups.

Craig Ryan
07-28-2010, 04:32 PM
FYI, Licktons (www.lickbike.com) has the Campy ER-600 cable sets for 11 speed for $44.95:

http://www.lickbike.com/productpage.aspx?PART_NUM_SUB='1517-00'

They also have the older ER-500 sets for $38.88. FWIW, they say the older set is specifically for 2008 and older 10 speed setups.

If you order from them, think about getting the chain quick link. You can save some shipping and it's nice.
Craig

blschaefer1
07-28-2010, 05:13 PM
FWIW, I've had so-so luck with the Superlink X11 that Lickton's sells. First one started to click after about 500 miles. They replaced it under warranty. The replacement is just starting to click now too occasionally, only about 300 miles on it. I'm of the opinion that these are not ready for prime time, or the toleraces are so tight with 11 speed that they are not the optimal setup.

I've got the peening tools on order and am going back to the standard Campy fixed link.

oldpotatoe
07-29-2010, 07:52 AM
FWIW, I've had so-so luck with the Superlink X11 that Lickton's sells. First one started to click after about 500 miles. They replaced it under warranty. The replacement is just starting to click now too occasionally, only about 300 miles on it. I'm of the opinion that these are not ready for prime time, or the toleraces are so tight with 11 speed that they are not the optimal setup.

I've got the peening tools on order and am going back to the standard Campy fixed link.

I have had the same experience with this link, on 3 bikes and have stopped selling it. Seems for now just have 11s pins, have had 'the tool' since 11s came out. Wipperman says it's gonna have a 11s chain and link as does KMC but......