PDA

View Full Version : My New Vanilla

inGobwetrust
04-08-2005, 09:15 PM
I'm so excited about this I had to post it. Here is the new Vanilla I just purchased. It's decked out with 9 speed D/A. What do you think?

alembical
04-08-2005, 09:32 PM
Beautiful !(like all the Vanilla's I have seen). Great color selction. You should post some more detailed pics in the Cutom Bike Image Gallery.

Alembical

Blastinbob
04-08-2005, 09:38 PM
nm.

inGobwetrust
04-08-2005, 09:44 PM
Email sent.

Blastinbob
04-08-2005, 10:03 PM

Blastinbob
04-08-2005, 10:19 PM
Enjoy your, new to you, Vanilla ! :beer:

Needs Help
04-08-2005, 10:44 PM
What do you think?
Your photographic skills don't match Sacha's bike building talents?

That's the first picture of a Vanilla I've seen that didn't elicit a long low whistle. :(

inGobwetrust
04-08-2005, 11:23 PM
Wow, there's a buzz kill! I'll try to get some higher quality photos up as soon as I can. I hope that meets with your approval.

shinomaster
04-09-2005, 01:24 AM
:crap: I need on of those too....

Kevin
04-09-2005, 06:01 AM
Best of luck with the new ride.

Kevin

Blastinbob
04-09-2005, 08:52 AM
Your photographic skills don't match Sacha's bike building talents?

That's the first picture of a Vanilla I've seen that didn't elicit a long low whistle. :(
In his defense, that picture is the one from the auction. I'm sure he will do it justice once it's in his hands.

split
04-09-2005, 11:52 AM
OMG, I'm so jealous! Even custom painted matching woundup fork! That is a steal (no pun intended), for what you paid for it. I hope it fits you well, as any custom built frame should. Post more pics when you get it!

SMUGator
04-10-2005, 01:47 AM
It's a great looking bike. And I'm really sad for the fellow that sold it. The mere idea of a Vanilla in an auction speaks to great dreams and aspirations that have been lost and hopefully rediscovered.

Needs Help
04-10-2005, 02:13 AM
It's a great looking bike. And I'm really sad for the fellow that sold it. The mere idea of a Vanilla in an auction speaks to great dreams and aspirations that have been lost and hopefully rediscovered.
Well spoke.

I can't wait to see some nice images. I never tire of looking at Vanillas, and I'm sure it's a beauty. :)

inGobwetrust
04-10-2005, 09:06 AM
The funny thing is that I was online doing research as to what frame I wanted to buy and it was you guys that turned me on to Vanilla in the first place. Once I saw the pictures and reviews here on this site I knew that I wanted a Vanilla but didn't want the 6-12 month wait for one. For the past 2 months I've checked all the cycling message boards that I could find and any other place I could come up with that has bike classified ads waiting to find the right bike. I sold my Cervelo in anticipation and waited. I wasn't stuck entirely on Vanilla either. There were some other very nice bikes I considered but then I came across this one and contacted the seller. It turns out that he and I are exactly the same height with the same inseam and almost identical measurements. I have to admit that I'm a good 20 lbs heavier than him though. :crap: That will change as soon as I get some more miles in this Spring. I just pulled out the Colorado II and am off for a ride so I'll let you know more about the Vanilla when it arrives.

terry b
04-10-2005, 11:12 AM
Interesting story and it sounds like you really lucked out.

The fascinating thing to me though is why anyone would commission such a bike, ride it for a while and sell it.

I may be different, but I would never consider selling one of my custom bikes. They were made for me, they fit me and it would take extraordinary circumstances for me to be willing to part with one.

Yet, I see Serottas, and Sevens and all types of customs on eBay and Craigslist all the time.

Wonder how you fall out of love with a bike you've designed for yourself?