PDA

View Full Version : Swiss Stop Rx/Black Pads?

JustRidingAlong
07-22-2010, 12:07 PM
I run Shimano (BR-R550) canti's on my commuter, and I'm looking for feedback on the black/Rx Swiss Stop pads/inserts. I've tried the following pads, and want something that delivers better dry weather braking (with alloy rims):

Stock Shimano (SC70, I think) -- Lousy, picks up lots of grit/metal
Kool Stop dual compound (black/salmon) -- Better than the Shimano pads/inserts
Kool Stop black -- Better than the dual-compound Kool Stops, but not on the "wow!" level

Thanks.

tlm993
07-22-2010, 01:07 PM
The black Swisstop pads came stock on a set of Zero Gravity brakes that I had refinished by Ciamillo.

So far, the pad compound feels very similar to the Campy stock brake pads. It's different from the yellow Swisstop Kings, a bit harder.

The pads are used with Campy Eurus wheels. Previous pads used were Koolstop dual compounds (black/salmon). I liked those pads for everyday use including wet weather.

Hope that helps,

-travis

Bruce K
07-22-2010, 02:11 PM
I've used the blacks with my Zero Gravity brakes when riding in the Rockies for Copper Triangle and they have stopped well and shown very good durability.

BK

Tim
07-23-2010, 05:23 PM
The green Swiss Stop pads are excellent with alloy wheels and dry conditions

http://www.worldclasscycles.com/swiss_stop_green.htm

Bruce K
07-23-2010, 08:05 PM
I didn't want to mention the greens as the OP didn't ask about them but I use the greens as every day pads.

I went with the blacks for Copper as they are supposed to be more durable and dissipate heat better than the greens.

BK

JustRidingAlong
07-26-2010, 11:02 AM
Durability aside, did you find one compound better than the other (in terms of dry-weather braking)?